The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Operating Setup for a Contest Station  (Read 1248 times)
AB1OC

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:41:02 PM »

We've been working for some time to build a remote operating setup for our station here in New England. This project has been ongoing and centers on the use of a Flex SDR/Maestro combination in conjunction with other software and hardware to remotely operate a fairly complex contest station. The setup supports all modes - SSB, CW, and digital using either a laptop client or a laptop/Maestro combination. We've used the remote operating setup extensively and it works quite well. You find the first in a series of article about the project here -

https://stationproject.blog/2017/10/18/remote-operating-enhancements/

The next step in the evolution of our setup will be to add satellite and VHF/UHF weak signal capabilities to our remote setup. I hope that the readers here will find the information about what we've learned useful.

Fred, AB1OC
KD0PO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 08:36:06 AM »

very nice setup, I'd like to learn more about it

Ray
AB1OC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 06:49:40 PM »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your interest in the remote operating setup here. We've written a series of articles on our blog about how we did this. A great place to begin learning more about the setup would be this article -

https://stationproject.blog/2015/11/23/software-defined-radioremote-operating-gateway-part-1-system-design-and-hardware-installation/

I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have about operating remotely. More and more Amateur Radio gear supports remote operating - it's definitely getting easier to do.

Fred, AB1OC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: