The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: swan 350 mic  (Read 736 times)
N1YDP

Ignore
« on: December 09, 2018, 12:41:40 PM »

can i use a turner super sidekick on a swan 350
W5RKL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 07:55:36 PM »

The swan 350 has a high impedance microphone input. The 'Super Sidekick" CB amplified microphone has
a Low, 100 ohm, impedance output which is a significant impedance mismatch. A more suitable microphone
is a non-amplified D-104.

Using an amplified microphone, if not properly adjusted, can lead to over modulation creating splatter either
side of your operating frequency. The speech amp in the 350 has plenty of gain so a non-amplified microphone
will provide more then enough audio IF the MIC gain is set properly. It's not how LOUD you sound at the
receiving end but how CLEAN your transmit signal is.

Mike W5RKL
www.w5rkl.com
RMC(SW) USN RET
N5XJT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 05:16:03 PM »

The Turner Super Sidekick will work fine on your SWAN rig.  I am using one on my Tempo 2020 and it works great.  Be sure it is correctly wired, set the under the stand setting at mid range for the first try and the on stand setting at about 10:00 o'clock.  Then get audio reports online and adjust settings correctly.  This is  great mic for either low or high Z rigs and it will sound great when correctly set up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: