The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make Extra test Easier  (Read 7135 times)
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2018, 03:16:46 AM »

If you heard it on 80 meters, it must be true......
N4MU

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2018, 04:53:10 AM »

Apologies to all: Obviously this comment was supposed to be on the discussions column of QRZ.  Cheesy
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 08:24:07 AM »

Anyone here remember when the question pool was not available?  Back in "The Day", there was no question pool available, AND you had to pass a 20 WPM CW test... 

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 09:39:30 AM »

Anyone here remember when the question pool was not available?  Back in "The Day", there was no question pool available, AND you had to pass a 20 WPM CW test... 

I only took the General exam back in the day at the local FCC office. Going to the office was, in itself, not the most pleasant experience. Something like reporting to Marine Corps boot camp, but that's another tale.

In addition to not having the question pool officially available (I do recall that there were examples of typical questions around), one also had to actually draw a schematic of a vacuum tube circuit including all the components and their connections.

I liked the drawing part.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 09:54:21 AM »

I only took the General exam back in the day at the local FCC office. Going to the office was, in itself, not the most pleasant experience. Something like reporting to Marine Corps boot camp, but that's another tale.
So that experience was not just something in just our area...  Remember the code test, they strung out those wired headphones from desk to desk, and they actually hurt to wear.  Little hard cold bakelite hockey pucks for earpieces......

Thanks,
Dave
Amateur Radio: RFI help, Reviews, Setup information, and more...
https://www.nk7z.net
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »

All this I remember when. Time to move on. Wow i just thought the test should be a tad bit easier. Just a comment i feel to be true. And that earlier reply do not feed the trolls that is a troll statement. I did read rhe arrl is looking to make the Extra test easier.  And i did hear it on a net on 80 meters. Everyone Have a Blessed Day and be safe.73s

KB2CRK

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 11:32:33 AM »

All this I remember when. Time to move on. Wow i just thought the test should be a tad bit easier. Just a comment i feel to be true. And that earlier reply do not feed the trolls that is a troll statement. I did read rhe arrl is looking to make the Extra test easier.  And i did hear it on a net on 80 meters. Everyone Have a Blessed Day and be safe.73s

An obeservation on the current test. I am not sure they could make it any easier.

some people are like slinky's. not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
VE3PP

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 12:27:53 PM »

Didn't you guys/gals know that we are in the "age of entitlements"?  … sigh …
Charlie, K3UIM

So true. Hey those kids from 10 years ago got a "Participation Ribbon" for just showing up.

Now they feel they are entitled to everything that old guys like us went out and worked our ass off for and earned.

Then again, we didn't eat Tide Pods or snort condoms.  Grin
K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 12:38:08 PM »

KE6EE: I once knew someone who was "born with a silver spoon in his mouth" and wanted for nothing all of his life. If he needed something, he bought it.
Then he found himself in a financially tight situation. He was devastated! Suicide was mentioned.
His friends were quick to remind him that he still had a life to live and should figure out a way to get back into the game.
Never having had hardships, he was totally lost and couldn't see how or what to do to escape the unsolvable problem he faced. Again, suicide was mentioned. what happened next brings me to the present.

Today's "Access Card" generation, seems to feel that the world owes them a decent (read: Free) living. There's no need to struggle to earn a thing. If it's wanted, needed, or even just nice to have, they are "entitled" to it. If they are denied it, then someone is a hater, a bigot, a racist, etc. Study for the code test?? Huh! They are entitled! They have their rights!

But then, I'm only someone that had to work for every cent I ever made and perhaps I'm a bit overwhelmed by the sight of third generation welfare people that are lost without their free cell phones, earned(?) income pay checks, etc. … sigh …

I've said it, you can relax. Hi.

Charlie, K3UIM

Where you are: I was!
Where I am: You will be!
So be nice to us old fogies!!
KB2WIG

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2018, 12:58:24 PM »

Charlie, you are a mean one.

I want my safe zone NOW!!

KLC

EXTRALight  1/3 less WPM than a Real EXTRA
KD7HNN

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2018, 02:43:07 PM »

They're already practically giving away licenses. Just do what everyone else does and memorize the question pool, take the exam without learning a damn thing and be done with it.

Personally I think they should bring back the code requirements to weed out these types looking for a free ride.
KB2WIG

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2018, 03:36:29 PM »

" They " should have kept at least a 5 wpm and a 2 year experience for the ExTra. 

I stopped the    beep beep beep beep   beep beep   while driving down the road. Two many fingers. Forget about sending the call sign that's on the plate.

klc

EXTRALight  1/3 less WPM than a Real EXTRA
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2018, 04:19:21 PM »

It is this exact close minded thinking that if i suffered and struggled everyone should. If i have cancer everybody should have it. I just think it should be a tad bit easier that is all just my onion. Everyone please be safe and Enjoy hobby. Nuff said.  73s

Jesus help me to understand the close mindness in thy World.

P.S. I have been studying the?  pool...
K3UIM

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2018, 04:21:51 PM »

WIG and HNN: We're surely on the same page!! Hi.
Charlie, K3UIM

Where you are: I was!
Where I am: You will be!
So be nice to us old fogies!!
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2018, 05:05:10 PM »

I just think it should be a tad bit easier that is all just my onion.

And most of us don't agree, nothing closed minded about that. Keep "studying".
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: