The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-902DM  (Read 530 times)
KY1RK

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2019, 10:57:43 AM »

I have this.  It is in good working order and was checked and refurbished a few years ago.  I am ready to sell it, but  I can't find any for sale, so I am asking:  What would be a fair sale price for this rig (with mic)?

Thanks.

Robert
KY1RK
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 09:38:25 PM »

The FT-902DM was the last production model, of that series.
http://foxtango.org/FT901/FT-901-902%20Web%20Page.htm
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:21:00 AM »

Which optional filters are included?

There were two FM boards offered during the 90x series run. One has provision for a crystal filter. Does your rig have this board (and filter) installed?

Are the keyer and memory unit still installed?

These things will help determine a reasonable asking price.
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 06:37:07 AM »

A FT-902 in very good & operating condition sold on ebay for $700 last December.
KX2T

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 05:30:05 AM »

I have to LOL, what sold on e bay is a pipe dream cause there is a fool born every second and then there are the prices that they sell for on here or QRZ then there are the prices that they sell for at a dealer who takes it in on trade. You also have to consider that most of the sales on E bay are sold to a CB'er who will take that radio to a shop and have a crystal installed into on e of the 10 meter slots so they would be the ones to want to pay $700, most hams would maybe give you $500 and that is in perfect operational order  plus MINT condition physically. I have seen 901DM's sell here or on QRZ for between $250 to $400 from average condition to mint and 902's selling from $350 to $450 depending on condition then you have the big question is do you have the original shipping box cause that radio was one of those heavy types that were just over the 40 pounds. Most dealers will not take a trade in on those older radio's cause there are parts in them that can no longer be had and deemed not serviceable so on trade they really don't fetch much at all.
Back when we had a radio store here on LI I had purchased a few 901DM's and one 902, all were working and I paid around $300 for the 901's and $350 for the 902DM, they had a nice RX section, 6146B finals and good filtering but if you didn't have the extender boards servicing them was a huge PITA. If you look back at the E bay history that 902 that sold for $700 came with spare parts plus the extender boards and believe it or not I have seen the extender boards sell for almost what the radio's sell for.
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 08:22:10 AM »

A FT-902 in very good & operating condition sold on ebay for $700 last December.
In addition to the comments immediately above, my last two '902DMs were bought for an average of $200 each.

The first was obtained as part of a collection. I got a lot of 90x accessories in that package for $900.

All three needed various repairs but I'm no stranger to a soldering iron. Or a body shop, for that matter.

eBay is laughable in terms of realistic pricing. I'd take chance on a "for parts or not working" example long before I will something that's touted as "pristine/prestine" (or whatever mis-spelling of the term is en vogue this week).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: