The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shure 526T Series 2 to a Icom 765  (Read 1216 times)
VE7GMX

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2019, 08:10:47 PM »

Anyone here ever wired a 526T to an Icom 765 ? I followed the 444D wiring as they are suppose to be the same but I'm not getting anything , no key up , nothing . In the guide there are so many options but I'm assuming the Icom is grounded switching ?? I used Pin 1 to Audio , Pin 7 to Sheild, Pin 6 to RX and Pin 5 to TX . I reversed 5 and 6 to test it but made no diff.
When I bought the mic it had a old style 2 pin connector on it , if that matters Smiley

Link to the User Guide / Manual > https://pubs.shure.com/view/guide/526T-S2/en-US.pdf
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 05:32:20 AM »

Not one reply, and this is not your fault. Wiring a microphone to the IC-765 SHOULD be easy, there's a chassis connection and an audio in together with a couple of pins for a PTT, no worries.

Other eHam readers, have you ever seen the manual for this microphone? It's a disaster. Shure attempted to make a microphone that is all things to all men, you name it, this microphone will be able to connect to it. The PTT switch is therefore a three-pole two-way switch and apart from the audio connection there are four wires used in transmit/receive switching. There are TWENTY EIGHT PAGES of charts showing how to connect this microphone to various transmitters.

No wonder VE7GMX got confused.

So, let's try and sort out this mess. Please answer a quick question for me, does your microphone have blue and yellow wires coming out of the cable (plus others) ? Once I know this I can try and answer your question and get you on the air.

Peter DL8OV
VE7GMX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:49:15 AM »

Hi and thanks for the reply , I'm typically good at this stuff but there ( as you say ) seems to be an overload of different scenarios for this mic. Yes , it has the Mic line , white . The sheild , Red as TX and Black as RX ( I'm assuming those are correct . Also the Yellow which I've determined to be a loud speaker return line and then there is the Blue wire , which I believe is giving me the 'issues' .

I have Audio to Pin 1 , Sheild AND Blue to Pin 7 < someone suggested this to me because without that blue there , the mic did nothing at all , no ptt , nothing , Red ( TX) to Pin 5 and Black TX to Pin 6 .

That is what I have now and every time I key the mic I get loads of scratching , fuzzy noise with little audio at all .
On my 1st post I posted the consumer user guide which shows the internal connections

And any assistance would be much appreciated Smiley

73 , Jeff

K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 01:37:27 PM »

You are right. The connections seems to be simple enough. From what I see, the correct connections should be:

Audio (White)   to Pin 1
Ground (Shield) to Pin 7
PTT (Red)       to Pin 5
PTT Gnd (Blue)  to Pin 6

The Black and Yellow wires can be used with a older receivers. However, for the IC-765, they are not needed. I have a IC-735 and the mic connector is the same.

Are you sure the battery is in and the volume control set to about 1/2 turn?

I don't understand why you are getting any noise when you key the mic. When you key the mic, your IC-765 should go into transmit normally. In SSB mode, there should not be any RF output. That is, until you talk into the mic. But normally there shouldn't be any noises.

Sometimes those connectors are difficult to read. I would double and triple check your connections.

Martin - K7MEM
http://www.k7mem.com
VE7GMX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 01:40:29 PM »

Hi Martin

I'll start by removing the black wire and report back . Starting to think thats the error here .
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 07:49:28 PM »

Shure 526T Series II : User Guide
https://pubs.shure.com/guide/526T-S2/en-US.pdf

Martin correctly identified the 4 wires, RED/BLUE for PTT and WHITE/SHIELD for MIC Audio.
You can see this is with Wiring Pictorial at Figure 1.
HOWEVER, IF this is a USED microphone, recently acquired —-
previous owner may have GONE ROGUE and changed factory wiring.

I have seen some real messes with the Shure 526T ...
one I had to rebuild from scratch, Shure Parts & scrounging my parts box.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:54:19 PM by W9GB » Logged
VE7GMX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 06:30:09 PM »

Through trial and error and some testing here it is :

Pin 1 to WHITE
Pin 7 to SHIELD
Pin 6 to BLUE
Pin 5 to RED

This works !

Yellow and Black not used
Pages: [1]   Go Up