The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bluetooth Keyboard in the shack  (Read 324 times)
N5BLP

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2019, 08:56:40 AM »

I searched and found some previous posts, but they were really old, so I thought I'd ask this again.

I'm considering putting a bluetooth keyboard and mouse on the computer in my shack.  My shack is in the basement, but very close to where my wire antenna starts (maybe 15 feet away at one point), so it is unavoidable that there is some RF in the shack (doesn't cause any problems with my other equipment).

Has anyone experienced problems with bluetooth keyboards either interfering with the radios, tuners, amps, etc. or being interfered with by the radios, etc.?

Bart N5BLP
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 09:24:36 AM »

I used a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse in my shack in Germany. HF, 2 meters, and 70 cm with no problems. No problems due to LED bulbs, wireless landline phones, or mobile phones. My antennas were all within a 25 foot radius of the shack although I was careful to use choking baluns to keep RF out of the shack to the degree that I could.

- Glenn W9IQ

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 05:04:16 AM »

I use a wireless mouse in the shack, no problem at all. I have a wireless keyboard too, but that one goes “to sleep” and stops responding until I press a specific key... I’m sure there are better ones, this one drives me nuts, but it doesn’t suffer from RF issues.

73 Dave
WA4BLM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 05:58:52 AM »

I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard on my shack PC and they work fine.  I've never had any issues with them causing any issues with my rigs or vice versa.  My antennas are a bit farther away than yours but not that much.
KQ4MM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 04:14:36 PM »

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard here as well , zero issues ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: