The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.210 L.S.B. WOW  (Read 2354 times)
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 04:48:14 PM »

You really haven't lived until you've had to use your receiver's interference-fighting features on 40M CW during the height of the Cold War. Above 7.100, it was Radio Mockba and similar every 10KHz, all the way up the band. Below, it was all the other CW ops trying to get away from the SWBC QRM and each other.

It was lots of fun using things like IF Shift, Passband Tuning, AF Tuning, Pitch, CW VBT and narrow filters to dig yourself a nice, quiet little receiving hole then call CQ and hope you got an answer that wasn't too far out of your passband...
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2019, 05:14:48 PM »

I want to build a Radio Wall on 40 meters . On 7.210 I was hearing Spanish A. M. radio station very strong  broadcasting on U.S.A. Ham bands . Wow how sad.. I will just have to live with it I quess. 73ss
Please be Safe #1. Enjoy the radio waves....
Sounds like Fake News.

Well, go for it.  And don't forget to post on your billboard (you did get that billboard up, right?) M40MGA...

Make 40 Meters Grate Again.

(Couldn't resist.  Sorry for the cheesy remark)
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 09:58:40 PM »

Thanks for some great replies that were informative and from the heart without snarky attitude that a few allways do . But that is to be expected. Everyone please be safe and enjoy the hobby.  73s
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 07:54:39 AM »

I want to build a Radio Wall on 40 meters . On 7.210 I was hearing Spanish A. M. radio station very strong  broadcasting on U.S.A. Ham bands . Wow how sad.. I will just have to live with it I quess. 73ss
Please be Safe #1. Enjoy the radio waves....
Sounds like Fake News.

Well, go for it.  And don't forget to post on your billboard (you did get that billboard up, right?) M40MGA...

Make 40 Meters Grate Again.

(Couldn't resist.  Sorry for the cheesy remark)

Good one! Thanks for the chuckle.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 03:13:38 AM »

How many of you guys remember Radio Pakistan on 7010 and splattering taking out over 10kHz?
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 02:05:37 PM »

I remember Firedrake being all over 41/40 meters during the Cold War. I didn't know it was a jammer. I thought it was a legit program of Chinese classical music.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 02:13:24 PM »

While at the time, complaints through the official ITU route were just ignored....but they were very quick to complain through ITU when they suffered interference..... But that is all history now.
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 02:21:42 PM »

One time I had a QSO on 40m cw,while a broadcast station was playing "Tell her about it " by Billy Joel.  I'll never forget that.     Wink Cheesy Grin

One of my favorite 40m QSO's w/ SW broadcast interference was on Halloween. My friend and I were having an SSB QSO on 40 (he lived down the street from me). The SW broadcast station played Bach's Fugue in D minor (very famous organ piece that kinda goes with Halloween). My friend and I got a kick out of that!
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2019, 06:25:10 PM »

I was not rock bound, but I do remember well the landmines between 7.100 and 7.150 as evening and night set in.  Between TASS and the other 250 KW broadcasters, the Novice subband was a challenge.
K1FBI

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2019, 04:43:42 AM »

Thanks for some great replies that were informative and from the heart without snarky attitude that a few allways do . But that is to be expected. Everyone please be safe and enjoy the hobby.  73s
There is only one “L” in always. Hope that wasn’t too “snarky”.
‘NUFF SAID  Grin
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: