The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Use Omni-Rig?  (Read 1075 times)
KS2G

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2019, 03:09:24 PM »

I have an SDRplay RSP1A running SDRuno and my Kenwood TS590s sharing antennas through an MFJ-1708B antenna switch.

I would like to have the two rigs track each other's frequencies so that when I click on a signal in SDRuno it moves the '590 to that frequency.

I believe that can be done using Omni-Rig.

Can someone educate me on exactly how to do that?

Please either post here -- or e-mail me at:  KS2G (at) arrl.net

Any help will be much appreciated.
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 12:17:08 PM »

Absent any responses, I figured out Omni-Rig on my own -- with help from some on-line postings elsewhere and some YouTube videos.

The Bad News -- Determined that Omni-Rig is not compatible with the N1MM+ Contest Logger ... which is where I wanted to use the SRDplay bandscope.  Angry

The Good News -- Found that N1MM+ itself has the capability of grabbing the SDRplay data and displaying it in the logger's Spectrum Display Window with no need for any "third party" software.  Cheesy
N3HEE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 07:07:10 AM »

I was using TS-590SG, SDRPlay, OmniRig, N1MM+ and SDRUno for a panadapter.  It worked great !  Takes some time to configure though.  I used VSPE as a com port splitter.  OmniRig is only used to sync SDRUno with TS-590SG.  N1MM+ talks directly to TS-590SG.  I now have a Flex radio and no longer use this configuration. 

Joe
N3HEE
CW Academy Advisor (Level II)
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 05:32:21 AM »

I was using TS-590SG, SDRPlay, OmniRig, N1MM+ and SDRUno for a panadapter.  It worked great !  Takes some time to configure though.  I used VSPE as a com port splitter.  OmniRig is only used to sync SDRUno with TS-590SG.  N1MM+ talks directly to TS-590SG.  I now have a Flex radio and no longer use this configuration. 

Thanks, Joe.

When I have some time, I'll look into the configuration you describe.

Meanwhile, I have the SDRplay output in the N1MM+ Spectrum Display Window.
It's not nearly as good as the display in SDRuno, but should meet my needs.
I will find out this weekend in the ARRL-DX-CW contest.  Wink

And there are three members of my contest club who are trying to get me to follow their lead and get a Flex 6600M.  Grin

KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 12:33:15 PM »

Thanks again, Joe, for giving me the info to set this up.

It works great!

It appears that the key is using VSPE to split the '590 COM port, so that N1MM doesn't "see" it being used by Omni-Rig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: