The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flex 6400 VS IC7610 ARRL lab test review.  (Read 2954 times)
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 08:15:43 AM »

I AM interested in the Yaesu approach of 1st IF sampling after traditional down-conversion on their new radio.  Will it be the best of both worlds, the worst or something in between?  We'll see.  But it may take some time.

RE: Is the Yaesu FTdx-101D Direct Sampling or Not?

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 09:17:27 AM »

The Yaesu architecture looks pretty slick.  It basically takes advantage of the analog mixers high 3rd order intercept and then directly samples the filtered image window, followed by DSP. 

That enables AGC and the high dynamic range of the mixer to take care of the front end overload issue that bothers direct sampling radios and still provides all of the cool features of a direct sampling radio. 

I don't see the architecture as a problem but there are some hams who are far more concerned with a display than they are with actual radio performance.   I think this new Yaesu might just prove to be an excellent rig.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:21:43 AM by KA4DPO »   Logged 

So am I, so am I.

The front end and low frequency digital processing design is very similar to several military designs we did at Harris, minus the display of course.
KX2T

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 06:51:30 PM »

It remains to be seen on the new Yaesu, the sdr part could mainly be for the 3d display but this remains to be seen but there block diagrams have not followed with a complete signal path yet. If its an advance superhet design it should be good enough like what the TS890 is but I think the narrow band SDR technology will be used to give advanced DSP filtering and just maybe the very first noise blanker plus noise reduction with zero digital artifacts at all no mater how much you advance there controls plus extremely good alternate channel selectivity. I don't think you will see this radio till Dayton this year.
KA4KOE

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 12:02:42 PM »

"I used a nutcracker on those puppies to open 'em up..."

OH THE HORRORS!! THOSE POOR PUPPIES!!!
KX2T

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 01:28:46 PM »

As of today or yesterday the FTDX101D has received FCC type acceptance, when is Yaesu going to roll those puppies out!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: