The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AD8I Used Laptops For Sale  (Read 1386 times)
N3HKN

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2019, 01:41:12 PM »

I sent AD8I an email saying I wanted to buy one of the laptops. He sent to me his PayPal email address. I sent the unit price and shipping cost to him via PayPal. Because of the weekend and holiday there was a delays in funds transfers. However, funds were transferred at midnight today 1/22/2019. I expected an email acknowledgement and shipping info.

Instead I received an email with a terse "Thank you for your offer, but I will pass.". No reason given. I do not know if it is some personal issue or he did not understand it takes time for PayPal to get money from a bank, especially on holiday weekends.

This is a very odd situation and, in my opinion raises flags!

Dick  N3HKN
W6IR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »

Did you get your money back?
N3HKN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 04:07:47 AM »

He never took it from PayPal so I simply reversed the PayPal transaction. Just an "odd duck". Raises caution flag is my reaction.
WB4IVF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 01:50:54 PM »

Did you let him know that you needed time to transfer funds into your PayPal account and did he agree to wait for payment?
N3HKN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 02:12:46 AM »

I was concerned about the delay myself so I simply looked at the calendar and realized the weekend holiday delay impact. His lack of imagination is his problem not mine, also I did not really NEED the unit so the transaction was not a loss. However, the refusal to enter the transaction, without explanation was disturbing.
Dick  N3HKN
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 10:02:33 AM »

Just gonna play devil's advocate here, and just food for thought. Is it possible, whether right or wrong, that something may have raised a red flag on AD8I's end?

Unfortunately a side effect of both sides being cautious in dealings can also cause either side to be nervous and reject a deal. And the other side may never know why.

The more scams that pop up out there, the more cautious we all need to be. And that caution can lead to misunderstandings that are only rectified by someone walking away. Even if that means losing a sale or buying opportunity. But I think in the long run, it is better to lose a few deals then for someone to get burned by a scam.

Again this is just something to think about. This should not be taken as blaming anyone in this case or any individual case.

73, Stan
Wisdom is knowledge you gain after you know it all.
AD8I

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 04:26:03 PM »

Dick,

Could it be that I did not receive your payment, because you sent it using the wrong address?
I also did not receive an email from you letting me know that your payment has been sent.
In fact, I never heard from your again!

Enjoy your day.
Regards. Dan AD8I
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: