The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oreck Emergency Weather Crank Radio manual needed.  (Read 510 times)
WA3LKN

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2019, 04:59:14 PM »

I know of no source for this and the Oreck folks (now owned by a Chinese company) don't have the user manual for download.

If anybody has one they can scan in or photocopy, it would be appreciated and I'll pay any photocopying and postage costs.

KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 07:16:02 PM »

No doubt the Oreck radio was the product of a big maker of such radios.

It was simply branded "Oreck."

Since you have an "Oreck" radio, you know what it looks like. I don't.

Do a web search looking for emergency crank radios. Find one that looks
like the Oreck. You probably will be able to find documentation for the twin.
WA3LKN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 08:43:21 PM »

There wasn't any way I could figure out to download a photo to this website and I don't have a picture hosting service. 

There are several on ebay now.  Here's one, which will disappear when the auction ends.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oreck-Emergency-Radio-Clock-Light-Siren-WU400B/192803877641?epid=9024726211&hash=item2ce401b309:g:jFkAAOSwAbFcS6UP:rk:1:pf:0

I did, actually search by photo and there was nothing like this with someone else's name slapped on it.

Thanks.

KAPT4560

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 02:45:50 AM »

Have you opened it up yet? Any FCC ID or manufacturer product code stamp or labels?
Most radio functions should be intuitive, what specifically do you want to know?
KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 08:32:41 AM »

Most radio functions should be intuitive...

Grin
WA3LKN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 09:21:23 AM »

Most radio functions should be intuitive...

Grin

It's model WU400B and the company website doesn't have the download or anything in their archives.

Yes, I have been inside it to remove and check the rechargeable battery.  No model number on the device itself anywhere.  It does have a sticker with the generic part 15 CFR disclaimer.

This has multiple clock functions including alarm clock and clock timer functions that aren't intuitive how to program.  That's actually what I want the manual for.

In addition, there's a separate jack for utilizing an external charger for the rechargeable battery (I think) and I wanted to know if that had smart charger functionality.

KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 11:17:56 AM »

This has multiple clock functions including alarm clock and clock timer functions that aren't intuitive how to program.  That's actually what I want the manual for.

An alternative approach along the lines of the three monkeys with typewriters and enough time to produce
some Shakespearean output.

Find a kid who likes computers and video games. Lend him the radio with instructions to figure out how to set the alarms. Reward: a trip to the ice cream store or pizza palace.

Probably done in an hour. Much faster than the monkeys and Shakespeare.
WA3LKN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »

Good point!

I should be relying on the REAL computer expert:  i.e. the kid next door!
W5WS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 07:53:38 PM »

There is an identical radio here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pink-emergency-Crank-Clock-Radio-Flashlight-Water-Proof-Multi-System/253922172911?hash=item3b1ef0dfef:g:KpsAAOSw6MxazWDk:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true
One of the pictures shows one side of the instructions including setting the clock functions.  It's not the greatest picture, but it is readable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: