The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing sound in FT8  (Read 593 times)
N8GMY

Ignore
« on: February 04, 2019, 01:15:02 PM »

I have been using FT8 on my Win 10 desktop for a long time. Just yesterday, I found it wouldn't transmit. I haven't touched any of my settings for a long time. I see the sound volume went to zero. If I bring it up to 100%, it transmits. And then the volume goes to zero it just a few seconds. I have uninstalled the speaker and mike codecs. I am using a Signal link. Upon reboot the codec drivers are reinstalled. Still doesn't work. I can do FT8 by keeping the speaker setting open and continuously move the volume slider up.

K4RKY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 05:36:51 PM »

There is a group on Face Book that is very knowledgeable in FT8. Here is the link>>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/FT8.Digital.Mode/?ref=bookmarks

Rick
N5BLP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »

I have been using FT8 on my Win 10 desktop for a long time. Just yesterday, I found it wouldn't transmit. I haven't touched any of my settings for a long time. I see the sound volume went to zero. If I bring it up to 100%, it transmits. And then the volume goes to zero it just a few seconds. I have uninstalled the speaker and mike codecs. I am using a Signal link. Upon reboot the codec drivers are reinstalled. Still doesn't work. I can do FT8 by keeping the speaker setting open and continuously move the volume slider up.

I don't consider myself a major expert on WSTJ-X, but I might have something that helps.

I assume you're talking about the volume slider in the Windows 10 volume mixer.  That is directly tied to the setting of the "power" slider in WSTJ-X.  You'll have to change that setting to get the windows slider to stay up, otherwise it goes right back down like you describe.

I've had a similar experience just recently.  I wound up having to play around with the WSTJ-X slider and my SignaLink TX level to get something like what I had before.

I strongly suspect a Windows 10 update that affected how apps interface with the sound controls.  There was an update awhile back that had a major impact on Winlink gateways.

Hope this helps.

Bart N5BLP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: