The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: International Branded 6JS6C Tubes  (Read 961 times)
AD4U

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2019, 06:50:02 AM »

I bought all the tubes from a Zenith radio / tv shop that closed. In the tubes were a number of International branded 6JS6C tubes with the green band around the base and printed on the body "Made In Japan".

I have a nice FT-101E in my boat anchor collection. I operate the 101 often. I  installed a pair of the International tubes into my FI-101E and they gave 100-140 watts out. But since the original 100pf cap in the final cage was changed to a 10pf cap so USA tubes can be used., the International tubes could not be neutralized, so I removed them.

Just for my knowledge - Do any of the Yaesu gurus know if Toshiba made 6JS6C tubes for International? If not which Japanese manufacturer made these tubes. My 101 works OK with USA 6JS6C tubes but I prefer to use the original Japanese tubes, since I have a number of them.

Dick AD4U

PS: Google has not helped.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:53:10 AM by AD4U » Logged
KE4OH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 06:40:25 AM »

If they have the green band, they are Toshiba.

73 de Steve KE4OH
AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »

Thanks - I thought they were Toshiba tubes with the International logo from the green band around the base. Going through the tubes I also found several International 6KD6 tubes with the green band. I have a Yaesu FTDX 560 and a 570 that used the Toshiba 6KD6 tubes from the factory. Looks like I have a good supply of Toshiba tubes for the old Yaesu tube rigs.

Thanks......

Dick AD4U
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: