The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TAPR/DCC Video from 2013 Featuring W2FS taking about APRS mobile on Raspberry PI  (Read 456 times)
W4KYR

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2019, 08:01:32 AM »

I've never thought about using Raspberry PI. However after viewing this DCC/TAPR video from 2013, it certainly piqued my interest. It's probably the best video I've seen to date on the subject, the speaker W2FS explains everything in easy to understand terms. There was supposed to be some kind of paper that goes with this presentation, but there is no link for it. Has anyone seen this video before ? Does anyone know where to get the paper for this presentation?

"From the ARRL and TAPR 2013 DCC. John Hansen W2FS brings something interesting every year. This year he built an APRS mobile complete with map display for $1. OK, a little more than that. But a lot less than, say, a Kenwood D710 with an AVMap (nice as that would be)."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao7xI25zshM

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
KD9FRQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 05:09:02 AM »

I am using the Pi with the PiGate & and PiGate RMS software packages and the Pi-TNC/PI-TNC9K6 hats. Good TNC for the PI.

I just started working with the NWDR DRAWS hat. This is also a good hat for the Pi. It is a new item on the market and the issues
all seem to be software related (ie getting the settings right for each radio). It does require a DRAWS only version of the Pi OS but that is not a real problem - just stating a fact of the operational requirements.

73s, Ed, KD9FRQ "Freq" Radio
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: