The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT1XDR not restoring from SD Card after firmware update  (Read 485 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2019, 10:19:14 AM »

I backed up to the SD prior to the update.

I updated to V13.01 and DSP V4.15. The udpate went rather flawlessly. Both versions were confirmed and a full reset was done.

Now, it won't read either the backup or the Memory CH.

The SD card does read in my laptop.

Attempting re-write with RT Systems software.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 10:30:43 AM »

I backed up to the SD prior to the update.

I updated to V13.01 and DSP V4.15. The udpate went rather flawlessly. Both versions were confirmed and a full reset was done.

Now, it won't read either the backup or the Memory CH.

The SD card does read in my laptop.

Attempting re-write with RT Systems software.

Well, I ended up reading the SD Card using the ADMS-FT1D RT Systems software, and was able to restore the settings.

But this is a bass-ackwards way to go a restore. What is the purpose of having an SD card in the radio and not being able to restore it from the SD card?
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 05:06:47 PM »

Got an answer on this from Yaesu. And it is BS. Apparently after the update, you cannot read from the SD card, and you have to write to the SD card again, and then it will read.

Which is BS, because in the firmware instructions, it tells you to save to SD card before you do the update, because you have to do a full reset.

Luckily, I had the RT systems software and I was able to read the SD card with that, and restore the settings.
K7RJB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 06:32:34 PM »

The firmware update changes the way the data is organized so it was unable to read the SD.

Importing the data set into RT systems was the best (only?) way to deal with that issue.

Chirp could probably have done it as well.

Be glad your firmware update went well, when I updated my FT2DR it bricked it. Had to send it back to Cerritos to get it unscrewed.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 02:58:07 PM »

Be glad your firmware update went well, when I updated my FT2DR it bricked it. Had to send it back to Cerritos to get it unscrewed.

No way! What did they say happened?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: