The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got my digital FT8 worked all states  (Read 2442 times)
KJ3N

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2019, 04:50:11 AM »

Oh, LOTW=Logbook Of The World.  ARRL sponsored but you don't even have to be an ARRL member to use it.

You do have to be an ARRL member if you want any of the awards, however. At least if you're licensed in the USA and its territories.
K5PTB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2019, 05:57:46 AM »

Thank you.  I'm not on the air yet but I will setup LOTW, an Elmer friend told me I should do that now.  For now, I plan to do FT8 only, probably starting on 20M and then feeling my way around the bands to get comfortable.  I understand the limitations of the G5RV and the objective is just to get on the air.

One more thing, I'll probably change my call sign to something simpler once I pass my extra.  Kilo-November-Six-Bravo-Juliette-Delta is a mouthful.  LOL.

Do the public logs and logging software handle call sign changes properly?  I'm willing to use my current call sign for awhile but I really want to get a 1x3 or 1x2 to shorten up my phonetic call.

I worked 50 states via FT8 in 2 weeks on 20m/40m combined with a G5RV dipole. But, I”m retired and could spend an hour or so every day.

There is a lottery for every 1x2 or 2x1 callsign that becomes available.  But, I just changed to a 1x3 vanity callsign that had never been issued. Logging programs can handle callsign changes, and log sites like LoTW have procedures for it.
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2019, 01:37:20 PM »

LoTW now supports FT8.

KJ3N

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2019, 06:16:45 PM »

LoTW now supports FT8.

It has supported FT8 for over a year. I think you meant FT4.
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »

I think you're right!

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: