The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ID-51a Plus 2 (help)  (Read 389 times)
KD2HPQ

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2019, 01:55:27 PM »

I have just acquired an ICOM ID-51a Plus2 to replace my Yaesu FT1D. I have gone through the manual and menus, but I have many questions I could not find answers to. I would be happy to pay a fair hourly rate to anyone who owns and loves this radio, to spend some time with me over the phone to help me unlock that radio's many features.

Thanks,

Angelo
KD2HPQ
KD2HPQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:41:09 AM »

Holy cow, nobody owns this radio?
KD2HPQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 09:37:19 AM »

I've also posted this in VHF/UHF, where someone suggested I simply post questions. Here are three to begin:

Questions:

1. When I go to "near repeater" the list comes up but disappears as soon as I select a repeater. If a particular repeater is down or nobody is on I have to go back and select near repeater again, and remember which one I selected previously. Is there any way those near repeaters could be referenced again, later on, without having to go through the process again?

2. Are the memory channels programmed in through the "near repeater" function also part of the radio's 1200 memories? IOW, can I program in additional repeater memories, and access them separately from "near repeater"?

3. What would be the process, step by step, for using memory banks for repeaters from different geographic locations, e.g. "home," "mom's", "Philadelphia," etc.?

That's a start I guess.
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 02:10:49 AM »

Angelo
The repeaters you need should be entered under "Digital", "Repeater List" (including FM ones). My UK 51 has groups for UK D-Star VHF, UHF and UK FM VHF and UHF, etc. All under "Digital", even though some are FM.

The entries under Repeater List include the repeater location in Latitude and Longitude. If you include repeaters for the locations you regularly visit, the radio will find you the nearest ones. Obviously some editing is needed as to which are active, etc.

I also include my D-Star hotspot with a location of my home QTH, it makes finding it very easy.

73 Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: