The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funk Tag Kassel 6th April 2019  (Read 771 times)
DL8OV

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2019, 02:03:00 AM »

The 4th Funk Tag (Radio Day) will take place on Saturday April 6th at the Kassel exhibition center. Doors open for visitors at 09:00 and there will be the usual attractions including a substantial DARC presence (who are the main organisers). There is free parking and easy access to the site from the autobahn network. From the A7 take the A49 then follow the signs for the Messe, the A49 is a slightly more direct route.

This year the theme is 'Mobile Amateur Radio' so if you have a mobile shack worth looking at then come along!

See you at the show.

Peter DL8OV
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 07:56:58 AM »

A week to go to the event and not one reply. Are there ANY German hams on this site apart from me?

Peter DL8OV
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 08:16:04 AM »

I am but unfortunately I have commitments in Frankfurt that week. If things change, I will be there! How can I recognize you?

mfG,

- Glenn W9IQ (ex DJ0IQ)

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 09:09:12 AM »

Peter,

Thank you for the posting. I attended today and had a great time. Bought a few things that I look forward to spending more time with.

It was nicely crowded so I didn't have much chance of finding you.

bis zum nächsten Mal

- Glenn W9IQ
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 09:20:12 AM by W9IQ » Logged

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »

Well, Glen and I appear to have had a good time, so now I get to tell you what the rest of you missed.

Parking was easy, after a ten minute drive from the autobahn I drove straight into an available parking spot that was a couple of minutes from the entrance.In Germany organization is everything so when I arrived at the front gates of the exhibition center at 08:50 I saw about a hundred and fifty people, by 09:10 we were all through the gates.

The Kassel event is probably small by US standards but it still took me a good couple of hours to go around the hall. Half of the space was occupied by commercial vendors and the DARC and the other half was a well stocked flea market. This year it was crowded and at times there were two or three people in front  before you could reach a stall. Maybe next year it will be time to have the flea market in one hall and the commercial entities in another?

After a quick break for Leberkäse on a crusty fresh bread roll I went outside to have a look around some of the mobile ham radio stations that had been set up, there were some good ideas but this part of the exhibition could have been a lot bigger. I then visited the calibration center where visiting hams were getting their transceivers and other equipment checked out.

I then had another trip around the flea market before heading home. Did I have fun? Hell yeah! Funk Tag is a nice small family friendly event that even puts on activities for the kids. Did I get everything on my shopping list? No, but I did find most of it and also came back with some fascinating pieces that could come in useful, someday. An accountant would look at my bag of bits then do a cost/benefit check against my 50 Euro fuel bill and the 8 Euro admission but I don't care because I had an enjoyable day.

Peter DL8OV

P.S. Thanks to to whoever noticed that I had left my headlights on then got a message broadcast over the PA system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: