The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAINTING FEEDPOINT JUNCTIONS ON DIPOLE AND SUPPORTING MAST ON CHIMNEY TO "HIDE"  (Read 3027 times)
N6QWP

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2019, 12:07:32 PM »

SUCCESS!!!!!

I added 4 cleats to the fenceposts today and tightened up all the guy lines and also pulled the dipole taught.  I now have the feedpoint about 7 or 8 feet above the roof.  While still not quite horizontal, this is far better than the 2 foot clearance that I had before. 

The mast is almost perpendicular and lines are very tight.  I don't think that the mast is going to bend and sway like it did before.  Going to let it remain this way for the rest of the week (more rain expected) and see how things hold up with the accompanying winds....before I change the wires, tune for resonance on 40.  I will eventually add the traps and wire to access 75....and then be happy if everything holds up.

Persistence is the key to success.  Haven't heard a word from the irked neighbors.....I guess they realize that I am going ahead with my antenna project.  If I hear anything, I will offer them the choice of leaving it as it now is, or putting another long mast up in the middle and making it an inverted vee (and more in their view).

Thanx to all for the inputs and suggestions.  73

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: