The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dx Engineering  (Read 2010 times)
VA2DV

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2019, 06:01:39 PM »

After a few years hiatus, I decided it was time to try a Cushcraft antenna again. I hoped that the initial quality problems when MFJ bought the lineup was a thing of the past...

Well, it turns out that it was not the case at all. Missing parts, poorly soldered coils, low quality materials on a brand new MA5VA. Ed Cushman would be sorry to see that.

Since I live in Canada, I‘ve paid a top price with shipping for this unwanted « tech special », so My decision was to return it and get another product from a respectable provider.

Now the good part of the story, Dx Engineering took care of everything in this matter.
They paid for the return shipping and provided a full credit for the antenna and the initial shipping.....right on the spot !!! I was shocked ! I never had this level of service even from my usual canadian dealer. For sure, I ordered a new antenna from them and 2 days after, the package arrived on my doorstep, even with a smile from the Fedex guy. Wow !

Dx Engineering has now an Fedex option (that included customs fees) that is perfect for canadian hams. Even with the US vs Cad exchange rate, many items cost less than here in Canada.
And they have everything in stock for immediate shipping.

They sure will have my business for a long time.

Dave VA2DV
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 04:21:42 PM »

Not as good as they were.

I have purchased a lot of items from DXE in the last few years. A 7300 and a 7610 and LOTS of speakers and other accessories.
Always thought their service was top notch. I've been a ham for 50+ years.
Two days ago, I asked a simple question:

"What is the status of my Icom 9700 pre-order?"

I received a very nasty reply from 'Bob' saying the 9700 hasn't been announced yet. Duh!
I pre-ordered my 7300 and 7610 in the same manner.

When I stated I KNEW it wasn't available, I was further insulted by saying they never received my $50.

I'll tell DXE this, you can keep my $50 and don't worry, because all my future purchases will be made elsewhere.

Oh, and Tim Duffy, you can stop sending me your catalogs.
I've been treated much better by MFJ.

ron
N4UE

If you're not the lead sled dog, the view never changes......
W5OV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 06:20:20 PM »

Ron,

The truth is that Icom has not announced when they will be shipping the 9700.  There's nothing "nasty" about stating a fact.

It is also true that you have *not* placed an order (deposit) with us for a 9700.  Maybe you placed a deposit with another vendor?

I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Bob W5OV
Sales Manager
DX Engineering
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 06:30:11 AM »

I've have nothing but stellar dealings with DXE. They have ample stock, competitive prices, will match other vendors lower prices where applicable, free and prompt shipping, and courteous and timely responses to questions (emails and phone calls). They'll go out of their way to make the customer happy, even when it's sometimes not their responsibility or warranted. I've been in contact with Bob W5OV on an issue with my Acom 1500, and had never a hint of "nasty"... very willing to take the time to help, even with his busy schedule as sales manager. I was in retail for over 40 years, and I've learned that no matter what you do, you just can't please everyone. I'm sure DXE will survive, with one less catalog to mail out Wink.

73,  Bob K7JQ
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »

I've known W5OV for over 30 years.   I've contested with Bob stateside and on the DX side.   Always been a great guy, very knowledgeable, and always willing to help.  Never a hint of nastiness.   

I agree.  DXE goes far beyond what they need to do to make their customers happy.   Their shipping is fantastic!   You can order it late in the day, and it will ship out that evening.   

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
W0BKR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 12:52:58 PM »

Every email on technical questions or product knowledge, I always get a prompt reply with helpful info.  Never an issue...or with any orders....
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 01:05:01 PM »

Ron,

The truth is that Icom has not announced when they will be shipping the 9700.  There's nothing "nasty" about stating a fact.

It is also true that you have *not* placed an order (deposit) with us for a 9700.  Maybe you placed a deposit with another vendor?

I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Bob W5OV
Sales Manager
DX Engineering

Ok, Bob, looks like I owe you an apology. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. And "how" I heard it.
I KNOW the radio hasn't been released. I'm a member of the 9700.io Group and am pretty excited about replacing my IC-271 and IC-471.

As I stated initially, DXE has always been my 'go to' store.
When the 7300 was made available for pre-order from DXE, I placed my order the first day.
Ditto with my 7610.

I was 'positive' I preordered the 9700 the first day. I cannot find where I did so, but I SURE thought I had. My bad.
Not the first mistake I've ever made, and sure won't be the last.

ron
N4UE

If you're not the lead sled dog, the view never changes......
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 01:39:21 PM »

Ron/N4UE, good on ya for being a good man and honest ham...your simple post speaks volumes about the depth of your character. 

I applaud you, Sir.  I wish others in our hobby would follow your example.
W5OV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 02:47:17 PM »

Ron,

Thank you!

Please let me know if there is anything we can help you with.  We're all good.

Tom, Mark, and Bob (others?) - thanks for your nice comments!

Mark - so good to hear from you - it's been a long time.  I trust all is well with you!

73 all around!

Bob W5OV
Sales Manager
DX Engineering
N2SLO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 03:53:01 PM »

Not as good as they were.

I have purchased a lot of items from DXE in the last few years. A 7300 and a 7610 and LOTS of speakers and other accessories.
Always thought their service was top notch. I've been a ham for 50+ years.
Two days ago, I asked a simple question:

"What is the status of my Icom 9700 pre-order?"

I received a very nasty reply from 'Bob' saying the 9700 hasn't been announced yet. Duh!
I pre-ordered my 7300 and 7610 in the same manner.

When I stated I KNEW it wasn't available, I was further insulted by saying they never received my $50.

I'll tell DXE this, you can keep my $50 and don't worry, because all my future purchases will be made elsewhere.

Oh, and Tim Duffy, you can stop sending me your catalogs.
I've been treated much better by MFJ.

ron
N4UE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron, this could have been avoided prior to you posting on eham. I suspected before I finished reading all the posts "the two sides to every story"...  And sure enough,
bingo.... I have ordered several times from DX and never an issue. Always fast shipping, and the last time the package was ordered on Thursday and arrived Saturday.

I do order also from HRO in VA or NH and never an issue. Bob at DX- keep up the good work. Smiley
Regards
David
N0TLD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 02:14:43 AM »

Ok, Bob, looks like I owe you an apology. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. And "how" I heard it.
I KNOW the radio hasn't been released. I'm a member of the 9700.io Group and am pretty excited about replacing my IC-271 and IC-471.

As I stated initially, DXE has always been my 'go to' store.
When the 7300 was made available for pre-order from DXE, I placed my order the first day.
Ditto with my 7610.

I was 'positive' I preordered the 9700 the first day. I cannot find where I did so, but I SURE thought I had. My bad.
Not the first mistake I've ever made, and sure won't be the last.

ron
N4UE

Well done, Ron. I NEVER see apologies in forums like this, honest and personal and taking responsibility for a mistake. It's just really pleasing to see this, thank you for stepping up and showing your character. Glad things are good again.

73--

Mike
N0TLD
W0BKR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 10:46:26 AM »

Bob (NOV) has always, and I mean always been helpful with answering questions...never once putting it off....one reason I have gone back to them repeatedly....and it isn' t just about the free hats...LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: