The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shame, shame, shame Kenwood  (Read 4115 times)
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2019, 03:57:57 PM »

I've been in retail ownership, management, and sales for over 40 years before I retired. I have to say that for a retail establishment to BAN a customer and reject his/her dollars, the customer must have been a real PITA, and totally not worth dealing with. Two main reasons: constant unreasonable complaining to the point of nausea, or a serial returner. They say the customer is always right. Bulls**t! Believe me, I've seen everything. Quick case in point: At Costco, someone returned HALF of a birthday cake because the name was spelled wrong Roll Eyes.   
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2019, 04:36:47 PM »

I've been in retail ownership, management, and sales for over 40 years before I retired. I have to say that for a retail establishment to BAN a customer and reject his/her dollars, the customer must have been a real PITA, and totally not worth dealing with. Two main reasons: constant unreasonable complaining to the point of nausea, or a serial returner. They say the customer is always right. Bulls**t! Believe me, I've seen everything. Quick case in point: At Costco, someone returned HALF of a birthday cake because the name was spelled wrong Roll Eyes.   

I read you loud and clear and I can’t disagree.

That said, is there any reason justifiable whatsoever no matter what to scream at customer?

That’s exactly what happened to me at DXE. Yes only one man, and probably having a miserable day.  And all I did was ask a question. So again, any reason to get screamed at?  Have you ever screamed at anyone?
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2019, 05:36:12 PM »

That said, is there any reason justifiable whatsoever no matter what to scream at customer?

That’s exactly what happened to me at DXE. Yes only one man, and probably having a miserable day.  And all I did was ask a question. So again, any reason to get screamed at?  Have you ever screamed at anyone?

No excuse for a sales/customer service rep to "scream" at a customer, even if he/she is having a bad day. Like anything else, there are a few bad apples in the bunch. But usually when a sales/customer service rep loses their cool, it's because they're being provoked in some way. Honestly, I never screamed at anyone. But I have been stern with anyone that unreasonably threatens me or uses profanity. If they're on the phone, I calmly request that I won't help them if they continue ranting, and I will hang up. In the store, I ask them to leave or I will call the police. Usually that calms them down so we can have a civil conversation to solve a problem. Many times, a customer with a product problem thinks that being forceful and nasty right off the bat will get them results. The exact opppsite is true...you get more bees with honey. Fortunately, confrontational situations are in the vast minority.
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 05:16:18 AM »

That’s exactly what happened to me at DXE. Yes only one man, and probably having a miserable day.  And all I did was ask a question. So again, any reason to get screamed at?  Have you ever screamed at anyone?

No excuse for a sales/customer service rep to "scream" at a customer, even if he/she is having a bad day. Like anything else, there are a few bad apples in the bunch. But usually when a sales/customer service rep loses their cool, it's because they're being provoked in some way. Honestly, I never screamed at anyone. But I have been stern with anyone that unreasonably threatens me or uses profanity. If they're on the phone, I calmly request that I won't help them if they continue ranting, and I will hang up. In the store, I ask them to leave or I will call the police. Usually that calms them down so we can have a civil conversation to solve a problem. Many times, a customer with a product problem thinks that being forceful and nasty right off the bat will get them results. The exact opppsite is true...you get more bees with honey. Fortunately, confrontational situations are in the vast minority.

Well Stated:

If you worked at DXE, no ban policy would exist.

Ten Tec’s ex Scott and W5OV are soul brothers.

I returned ONE item at Ten Tec, and was banned:)

If one doesn’t want to eat crap, don’t be in retail. I
learned that early when people would come into the
gas station 10 below zero and buy nothing whatsoever
demanding I put air in their tires while they watched from
their warm car.

I knew back then at 15 years of age I could
never again work for the public, and I didn’t.

I machined parts and fixed aircraft all my life instead.
Dealing with the public wasn’t my forte. I wasn’t blessed with
a long-suffering temperament.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 05:19:13 AM by K3EY » Logged
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 07:15:15 AM »

I never owned a Ten Tec  product, but I can't share your opinion of W5OV. I've dealt with Bob many times, and he has always been courteous and helpful over the phone. DXE is my go-to store for all my ham radio needs.

I've always enjoyed working with the public, and as stated before, confrontations have been few and far between. Maybe I just have an innate way of dealing with people. As a result, I've made many friends working in retail. We all have different temperaments...I just don't sweat the small stuff and live stress-free. But I didn't take any, as you say, "crap" from anyone. I have a philosophy when dealing with a confrontational husband or wife....I just have to deal with this jerk for the next 15 minutes. She/he has to put up with him/her for the rest of their life Smiley. Usually, people calm down when I tell them that solving a product problem isn't a life or death situation, nobody's dying here. Puts things in perspective. But, there are some folks that, no matter what you do or bend over backwards to help them, they're never satisfied. Just the way it is. I feel sorry for them and their miserable lives.
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »

I never owned a Ten Tec  product, but I can't share your opinion of W5OV. I've dealt with Bob many times, and he has always been courteous and helpful over the phone. DXE is my go-to store for all my ham radio needs.

I've always enjoyed working with the public, and as stated before, confrontations have been few and far between. Maybe I just have an innate way of dealing with people. As a result, I've made many friends working in retail. We all have different temperaments...I just don't sweat the small stuff and live stress-free. But I didn't take any, as you say, "crap" from anyone. I have a philosophy when dealing with a confrontational husband or wife....I just have to deal with this jerk for the next 15 minutes. She/he has to put up with him/her for the rest of their life Smiley. Usually, people calm down when I tell them that solving a product problem isn't a life or death situation, nobody's dying here. Puts things in perspective. But, there are some folks that, no matter what you do or bend over backwards to help them, they're never satisfied. Just the way it is. I feel sorry for them and their miserable lives.

FOR THE RECORD:  YES W5OV is absolutely courteous, as are others who are the devil's advocate.
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2019, 03:38:46 AM »

Sorry but w5ov treated me very poorly once when he worked for Jay....it didn't happen again because I didn't give him the opportunity. It was because he didn't like a comment I made about one of his manufacturers who was a personal friend of his. This can be directly verified by him or Jay Terleski. Not ashamed to say and I stand by what I said. When he left Jay's employment I clapped secretly inside. No love lost there.

And yes I was yelled at and talked down to also.
K3EY

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2019, 05:16:34 AM »

Sorry but w5ov treated me very poorly once when he worked for Jay....it didn't happen again because I didn't give him the opportunity. It was because he didn't like a comment I made about one of his manufacturers who was a personal friend of his. This can be directly verified by him or Jay Terleski. Not ashamed to say and I stand by what I said. When he left Jay's employment I clapped secretly inside. No love lost there.

And yes I was yelled at and talked down to also.

Thanks for the vindication, my intuitive side is still intact.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: