The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using K3S, Win4K3Suite, TeamViewer and FT8 Remotely?  (Read 1462 times)
K3VAT

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2019, 02:31:55 PM »

Hello,
Contemplating remote operation with my K3S which I run nearly exclusively with FT8 (WSJTX flavor).
I use the fantastic Win4k43Suite (thanks Tom!) and the TeamViewer SW package looks like it will adequately work for remote work.

Anyone run this combination?  Looking for comments and/or optional recommendations.

TU, 73, Rich, K3VAT
K9AQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 06:34:54 AM »

Rich,

I operate an Internet remote control station that is very similar to what you are using: K3/10, homebrew 1KW solid state amplifier, Teamviewer, and Skype.  I operate FT8.  I have used it with the WSJT software running at my operating position and connecting the audio via Skype, and I have also done it with the WSJT software running at the station location and using Teamviewer.  I have very slow DSL Internet, only about 300K upload.  With this limitation I find it better to use WSJT from my operating position and Skype for the audio. I connect CAT using VSPE TCP/IP server.  I also use this for a remote HDSDR panadapter and a PigKnob which I use for SSB and CW.

Don
K9AQ
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 01:13:11 PM »

Thanks Don,

Just to check: to operate FT8 that one requires both a TeamViewer connection and a Skype connection; while running CW requires only the TeamViewer conncetion?

TU 73 Rich, K3VAT
K9AQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 07:02:33 AM »

Rich,

If you have fast enough Internet on both ends, then you can run WSJT on your rig computer and view/control it remotely using just Teamviewer.  In my case, I only have about 300K upload at the radio.  I found it better to "remote" the audio and CAT commands and run WSJT from my remote operating position. 

Don
K9AQ
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:23 PM »

Thanks Don,

My Internet connect is pretty fast (5MB Up/ 10 Down) so I'll just try the setup with Teamviewer.  Appreciate the assistance.  TU, GL, 73, Rich, K3VAT
KC2SST

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 03:24:47 PM »

Thanks Don,

Just to check: to operate FT8 that one requires both a TeamViewer connection and a Skype connection; while running CW requires only the TeamViewer conncetion?

TU 73 Rich, K3VAT

I operate FT8 using team viewer on my phone.  Let the shack computer have the audio and all the processing overhead for decoding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: