The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Call Sign  (Read 2306 times)
KX4QP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 04:23:18 PM »

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your new privileges.
 I see by your screen name you must have  Zeiss and Nikon lenses. I have a Zeiss and several Canon lenses. Just a hobby for me.

Actually, I have some old cameras made by Zeiss Ikon -- an Ideal plate camera (original for 9x12 cm glass plates, but I have film sheaths for the plate holders), made just after the 1927 merger of Ica, Carl Zeiss, and Contessa (I've also got and Ideal made by one of the pre-merger companies, it's identical), and a Super Ikonta B (6x6 on 120 folder with coupled rangefinder) that's my favorite "walking around" camera.  The only Nikon products I own are a pair of older DSLRs with zoom lenses that my partner gave me.  I'm more of a Pentax man, when it comes to SLR operation.
KX4QP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »

Congratulations and welcome!

That will be a fun call sign if you operate cw.  Wink

Heh.  Dah-di-dah-dit dah-dah-di-dah dah-di-dit dit dah-di-dah dah-di-di-dah di-di-di-di-dah dah-dah-di-dah di-dah-dah-dit dah-di-dah.
VE7DQ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 06:50:48 PM »

That's unreadable.  Try:

dahdidahdit dahdahdidah   dahdidit dit   dahdidah dahdididah dididididah dahdahdidah didahdahdit

Yer welcome!

And welcome!   Grin

I shoot Canon.
N9FB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2019, 10:59:31 AM »

I had to go all the way to the ULS to find you callsign. It's there! I wonder why QRZ has not updated yet.

strangely, QRZ still has not updated... anyone know the scoop?

Field Name   Licensee
Callsign   KX4QP
Entity Name   QUALLS, DONALD W

Applicant Type   I - Individual
Radio Service   HA - Amateur
License Status   A - Active
Grant Date   2019-03-18
Effective Date   2019-03-18
Cancel Date   
Expire Date   2029-03-18
Operator Class   E - Amateur Extra
 above from www.ae7q.com
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2019, 02:13:22 PM »

QRZ probably hasn't caught up with it yet. I wouldn't worry.
KX4QP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »

I had to go all the way to the ULS to find you callsign. It's there! I wonder why QRZ has not updated yet.

strangely, QRZ still has not updated... anyone know the scoop?

As long as the FCC has it, I'm not all that worried...  Wink
N5CM

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 04:57:56 PM »

It took QRZ a few days to get my new call, and it took eHam a few more days to process my request to change my call, but it all got done in a reasonable period of time.
K1FBI

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2019, 07:00:06 PM »

It took QRZ a few days to get my new call, and it took eHam a few more days to process my request to change my call, but it all got done in a reasonable period of time.
Now you are "Official" everywhere. Grin
Great job passing all 3!
Enjoy the hobby/service and congratulations!
KX4QP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 02:24:01 AM »

Thanks, everyone.  I do recall this being called a "license to spend money" -- we'll see what I can do without breaking the bank.  Got a Heathkit SB-101 on the way (no power supply yet, and it'll need going through before powering up anyway), and I've gotten the obligatory BaoFeng (upgrade model BF-F8HP).  Those around Piedmont Triad, keep an ear open on the local repeaters.   Cheesy
N9FB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 05:27:05 AM »

I do recall this being called a "license to spend money" -- we'll see what I can do without breaking the bank. 

if you need to tame the urge to overspend, watching this video may prove helpful  [ Smiley ]
https://youtu.be/O7kirdtdI1c
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 08:47:55 AM »

... and a Super Ikonta B (6x6 on 120 folder with coupled rangefinder) that's my favorite "walking around" camera.

I recall one of my relatives using a camera like that when I was a kid. It really is a beauty.

I do recall this being called a "license to spend money" -- we'll see what I can do without breaking the bank. 

if you need to tame the urge to overspend, watching this video may prove helpful  [ Smiley ]

Grin
KX4QP

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2019, 03:43:39 PM »

Hmm.  I think I'm better off than that guy, in some ways.  No kids.  My car is paid off (partner's car still has a payment, though).  The house is paid off (partner bought it outright when a book sold well, about a year before we met).  Both of our cell phones are paid off (when did ordinary cell service start costing over $100/mo for two lines, though)?  Power bill, cell service, internet (TV is internet only), car insurance, meals and groceries.  I've got some money to spend, and I don't have a single credit card.  Haven't even filed my income tax yet, should be some refund even after the government revised the tax system to pamper the rich folks.  Of course, the tax refund is earmarked to get a new slide/barrel conversion for my Witness (don't have .45 yet)...
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2019, 03:48:31 PM »

I guess I am lucky. My XYL has NEVER ever complained about any spend on ham radio, although she has bitched if the tower is wound down for too long....And wants everything up and running as she is now practicing to get her CW speed back up to 18wpm after several years of QRT doing other things - like work and Girl Scouts!

Her last big complaint was when she was doing her university degree in 1982 and complained my old tubed oscilloscope was too unreliable and I needed to buy a new solid state one.....which I did. Then, working on her project on the dining room table, she inadvertently drilled a 1/8th inch hole through the PCB into the table. Fortunately, it was a very cheap table!

Even so, I  married her in 1983! And afterwards, still got sh*t if I missed working a new country - until I reached Honor Roll!
WB5YDK

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2019, 06:28:17 PM »

Congratulations, KX4QP!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:31:09 PM by WB5YDK » Logged
KB2WIG

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2019, 06:29:06 AM »

P,

Does she have a sister?

KLC

EXTRALight  1/3 less WPM than a Real EXTRA