The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Call Sign  (Read 2304 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2019, 08:20:00 AM »

No!

She had her full call when we met in 1976 at the Radio Club - I was 29 at the time, she was 16. Her father and brother have full licences, although they aren't active.
N9FB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »

Quote from: N9KX
strangely, QRZ still has not updated... anyone know the scoop?

Quote from: KX4QP
As long as the FCC has it, I'm not all that worried...  Wink

well QRZ was stuck in some kind of FCC update time warp for the past few weeks, but a LOT was finally updated there today (including your new callsign).  
Congrats again!
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »

Congradulation. Good Job.
KX4QP

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2019, 04:13:59 AM »

Thanks!  It's good to have my call showing here now.  I was able to get registered for Echolink last night (after figuring out their instructions for obtaining the verification document they wanted -- I think the ULS pages have changed since those instructions were written) and I've got a login for QRZ as well.  Had a couple contacts on 2m repeaters during my commute (and one from home).  And my base rig transceiver arrived (Heathkit SB-102); now I need a power supply, antenna, and a thorough going-through to bring "technician special" up to "daily driver" status.

Woo hoo!
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2019, 07:32:31 PM »

KX4QP -- now that your QRZ entry exists, it is time to register there and take control of your QRZ page.

You don't need to put a lot in your "bio", but as your interests grow, you probably want to put a little bit about yourself in there.

If you get serious about HF awards, you might want to describe your QSLing rules -- after you figure out what you want to do.

Mainly, people interested in awards want to know if you will sign up for LOTW or not.  That goes on the "Details" tab.

Picking a call at random, a minimal but useful entry is at https://qrz.com/db/k0ti    You can get more elaborate if you like.

Have fun.  I envy you this period.  There is nothing like that blank sheet of paper that a new ham "career" represents!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 07:38:18 PM by WO7R » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: