The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thru the wall PVC  (Read 828 times)
N8OXQ

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2019, 09:37:59 AM »

I am currently using a 2" PVC thru the wall with an LB box on the outside to route my 4 coaxes and rotor control cable thru. This spring I will be adding another 4 coaxes and will need a bigger diameter PVC conduit. I first thought the LB was a good idea but after further thought I do not care to much for the idea. It puts the coax in an awful tight radius. I thought about a 90 degree elbow on the outside but it would be sticking away from the house quite a ways. Any suggestions? Exterior wall, vinyl siding, fan fold insulation, 3/4" sheeting, batt insulation, plastic sheeting, 3/4" wood tongue and  groove interior siding.
VE7REN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 09:57:42 AM »

look into cable tv boxes. they come in many sizes and shapes.. grey U/V treated.. they work excellent with little mods.https://binged.it/2uDwVju
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 10:01:02 AM »

I have the same installation as you describe. My solution to coax "crowding" is that I have a ground rod right outside the wall and mount my "lightning arresters" on that ground rod. From the arresters I use RG-8X to come inside and to the bench. The run is short enough that even at 50MHz the loss in the smaller coax is not a factor. I run 5 coaxes and a rotor cable through the L with plenty of room to spare. I pack the box with copper wool (scrubbing pad - make sure it is pure copper not copper plated steel - made that mistake once) to keep the critters from chewing through.
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 11:07:39 AM »

4X NEMA box with ground plate inside. 

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: