The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TM-V71A remote access cross band mode  (Read 313 times)
KK6RPX

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2019, 02:05:47 PM »

HI All,

I am trying to use the remote access function on a TM-71A to put it into cross band mode. I can get the radio to answer back and to switch modes BUT it does not cross band repeat. The CTRL and the PTT both flash but it does not repeat. Is this locked band mode? How do I get it into crossband mode?

Thanks!

Jonathan
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »

Does it say 'Cross' on the screen?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/679431/Kenwood-Tm-V71a.html?page=89#manual
KK6RPX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 02:30:30 PM »

Those are the instructions to manually enter cross band mode. I can do that no problem. What I can't do is remote access using DTMF tones to actibate the cross band mode. I do get an answer from the radio when I enter its ID and then it does start flashing both the PTT and CTRL icons on the display flash instead of just the PTT as when I enter cross band manually.
AC2KV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 06:04:24 AM »

Did you try to search for this on YouTube?  I believe there are several videos posted on setting this up.
KK6RPX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 07:13:11 AM »

I'll do that.

It seems that it is entering locked band mode. I don't even understand what locked mode is. From the manual: "The transceiver uses the same band to receive or transmit a signal". I thought you needed cavity filters for that.

Anyway, it is all working EXCEPT getting it into cross band mode. I can use all the other DTMF functions just fine.
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 08:47:15 AM »

In locked it uses one band to receive, the other to transmit. Kenwood could have used better wording.

Which could be used if you receive fine with the HT, but require the mobile radio, and antenna for a solid signal.

Edit to add: I would try pressing C more than once to toggle between crossband, and locked mode.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:54:24 AM by SOFAR » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: