Call Search
     

New to Ham Radio?
My Profile

Community
Articles
Forums
News
Reviews
Friends Remembered
Strays
Survey Question

Operating
Contesting
DX Cluster Spots
Propagation

Resources
Calendar
Classifieds
Ham Exams
Ham Links
List Archives
News Articles
Product Reviews
QSL Managers

Site Info
eHam Help (FAQ)
Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Astatic D-104 modification  (Read 848 times)
W4MCX
Member

Posts: 19




Ignore
« on: April 11, 2019, 03:11:39 PM »

Does anyone remember the Capacitor mod needed in D-104 mic to eliminate the "kerchunk" when unkeying the mic?
Pse send email to radio4mike@bellsouth.net

73's Mike W4MCX
Logged
N4NYY
Member

Posts: 5202




Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 05:06:58 PM »

I would just deoxit the relay contacts inside the handle. I don't know of any mod for the kerchunck. The only my I ever did was add an electret in placed of those shitty elements. The results were pretty good. Cost about $1.50 in parts.
Logged
W4MCX
Member

Posts: 19




Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 06:06:26 PM »

Mni tnx fer quick response....that was my first thought as well..
Logged
KF4ZGZ
Member

Posts: 125


WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 03:25:55 AM »

I have a D104 than developed a noise when keying, sometimes when keyed, and when unkeying.
Cleaned contacts forever ...... helped but still had issues.
Finally decided one day to go down the Google rabbit hole and about 4 pages into google on an very old cb radio forum I dug up 1 obscure post ...... " put a small amount of lube on nylon pads on the key contact springs".
I used some silicon grease. Fixed it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 03:28:21 AM by KF4ZGZ » Logged

Matt
N4NYY
Member

Posts: 5202




Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 02:21:02 PM »

I have a D104 than developed a noise when keying, sometimes when keyed, and when unkeying.
Cleaned contacts forever ...... helped but still had issues.
Finally decided one day to go down the Google rabbit hole and about 4 pages into google on an very old cb radio forum I dug up 1 obscure post ...... " put a small amount of lube on nylon pads on the key contact springs".
I used some silicon grease. Fixed it.

I inherited one with the chrome worn off the choker key! LOL
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!