The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AT2K PALSTAR TUNER  (Read 372 times)
KC8KTN

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2019, 05:05:09 PM »

Why would a tuner act different on one band only. I am having issues on 40 meter tuning in my antenna. On 2 different antennas this occurs. What shows on palstar at2k it show different on my Icom 7300. On every other band what shows on tuner it is the same on radio. What could cause this . Any advice greatly appreciated. 73s
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 05:11:08 PM »

The Icom 7300 will read the VSWR from the radio to the antenna tuner. The Palstar unit will read the VSWR from the input of the tuner to the adjusted tuner output. The cable jumper from the radio to the antenna tuner is not part of the metering.
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »

Then why does the tuner only act strange on 40 meters. On the tuner it acts up only on 40 meter. On every other band the radio swr and the tuner are in sync it is the same . This just started happening could something be wrong with the tuner on the 40 meter band segment.Thanks for any advice 73s. Also swr is extremely high with my amp I can not seem to tune it in never had this issue before..
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 09:47:07 PM »

Have you loaded the tuner into a 50 ohm load on 40 meters? Their might be a possibility that the nulling cap is not adjusted well on the tuner SWR board. This has happened on my AT2KD when I first got it.
W9IQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 03:53:20 AM »

You may wish to try substituting a different cable between the radio and the tuner.

- Glenn W9IQ

- Glenn W9IQ

I never make a mistake. I thought I did once but I was wrong.
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 05:52:31 AM »

I will try switching cable  from radio to tuner. But cable works on every other band and also on 2 different antennas same problem on 40 meters. Huh. I am going to call pallstar customer service. Thanks to all who anwsered.
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 08:44:46 AM »

Often the difference in SWR at different points along a feeder is due to RF current flowing on the outer of the coax due to common mode current. Has the 40m antenna an effective feedline choke and/or an effective balun? It’s the same effect that gives rise to the myth of obtaining a better antenna match by trimming the feeder length.

73 Dave
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 09:46:32 AM »

Grin Grin Grin   Thank you everyone for your help and advice. I get the stupid award .. It just did not make sense that this was only happening on 40 meters and no where else when i say no where else I mean any other band and on 2 different antennas which led me to believe all jumpers were working. So I had a thought to check radio and see what was different . On the Icom 7300 i had the tuner button pushed in and it retains it in memory it must not work like a physical button on most radios. When I changed from one band to another I seen it was on the screen on 40 meters and not on the screen on the other bands. When I turned it off on the 40 meters screen PROBLEM FIXED.  I feel so stupid. Duhhhh. Again thanks to all. This is the BEST HAM WEBSITE IN THE WORLD  BAR NONE MAYBEE IN THE UNIVERSE...Take care alll be safe and HAPPY EASTER..  73SSS   

P.S. I LOVE WHEN I FIX A PROBLEM.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW-0kbIcf1E
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:51:03 AM by KC8KTN » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: