The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KH0/KC0W Operating Fox mode.........Help  (Read 2240 times)
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 05:35:05 AM »

KX3 stops transmitting & I get this:

I use to get these types of Hamlib errors a lot in my early days of JT65.

My solution was to install, and use, DXLab Commander. No problems since.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 08:34:24 AM »

Anyone have any helpful hints?

Tom KH0/KC0W

What happens next if you hit retry?

Possible problems.  RF getting into the communications link (possible common mode RF feedback)
or possible "weak" computer with not enough horsepower.  Go into Task manager on windows and look at performance, check cpu load while program is running, particularly during the decode point in the program.
K9NW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 12:44:16 PM »

If you shut the radio off while the program is running you will get this.  Hitting Retry after power up again will make it go away and it should return to normal operation.  Not sure if this is your scenario.  GL!
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »

The popup warning occurs unexpectedly. It sometimes happens while transmitting & sometimes when just siting idle. The computer is brand new & plenty fast enough so that's not an issue. I Googled "Hamlib error" and there are a bunch of other people who have experienced this same issue. Only problem is that I have yet to find their solution. At first I thought it was an RF issue with the amplifier. As previously stated it will happen while monitoring so I think that rules out the amp.

Upon hitting the OK button on the popup warning WSJT will default to it's configuration menu. After hitting Save on this screen FT8 is back up & running. Albeit at the loss of the entire QSO I was just engaged in. This issue eventually becomes more & more frequent until it happens during every QSO.

Tom KH0/KC0W                 
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2019, 04:10:17 PM »

The popup warning occurs unexpectedly. It sometimes happens while transmitting & sometimes when just siting idle. The computer is brand new & plenty fast enough so that's not an issue. I Googled "Hamlib error" and there are a bunch of other people who have experienced this same issue. Only problem is that I have yet to find their solution. At first I thought it was an RF issue with the amplifier. As previously stated it will happen while monitoring so I think that rules out the amp.

Upon hitting the OK button on the popup warning WSJT will default to it's configuration menu. After hitting Save on this screen FT8 is back up & running. Albeit at the loss of the entire QSO I was just engaged in. This issue eventually becomes more & more frequent until it happens during every QSO.

Tom KH0/KC0W                 

OK, now take a look at the polling time on the radio tab.  Might try upping it just a bit to give the radio more time to respond to polling.
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 05:12:12 PM »

I'm almost to the point of throwing in the towel & saying c'est la vie to FT8. This issue is now occurring during every QSO resulting in partially completed QSOs in which neither party can log the QSO. This headache is not worth the trouble. Tried changing the polling rate to no success................If anyone has any surefire ways of resolving this Hamlib error issue I will try it out otherwise I think I'm done with FT8.

Thanks for the offers of assistance so far.

Tom KH0/KC0W     
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2019, 05:44:39 PM »

If anyone has any surefire ways of resolving this Hamlib error issue I will try it out otherwise I think I'm done with FT8.
Did you try DXLab Commander for CAT? The KX3 is supported.

Don't waste your time with Hamlib.
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2019, 05:46:00 PM »

I'm almost to the point of throwing in the towel & saying c'est la vie to FT8. This issue is now occurring during every QSO resulting in partially completed QSOs in which neither party can log the QSO. This headache is not worth the trouble. Tried changing the polling rate to no success................If anyone has any surefire ways of resolving this Hamlib error issue I will try it out otherwise I think I'm done with FT8.

Thanks for the offers of assistance so far.

Tom KH0/KC0W     

What are the chances of you downloading Teamviewer and letting me have a look at it across the world.  I have good fast internet, do you?  Also we need to communicate in near real time. I don't suppose you can make calls for free to the states? 
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2019, 05:48:23 PM »

maybe skype?   let me know if you are interested.  If you are, I will do my best.  But we have to have communication because I would possible want to make changes on the radio (interface communication parameters as well). 
 I will stay here for a while  and scan my email too.  my call at yahoo.com
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »

Also try unchecking make changes in transmit frequency while transmitting box is unchecked if it is checked.
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2019, 05:56:35 PM »

Anyone here with a KX3 that could go over their settings?
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2019, 05:59:48 PM »

For that matter KC0W, could you post all of your setting in the general, radio, and audio tabs.  Good clean screen shots of each tab would be good.

And just to be sure, you are using WSJT-x version 2.0.1
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 06:05:41 PM by K0UA » Logged
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2019, 06:59:51 PM »

If anyone has any surefire ways of resolving this Hamlib error issue I will try it out otherwise I think I'm done with FT8.
Did you try DXLab Commander for CAT? The KX3 is supported.

Don't waste your time with Hamlib.

I clueless what Hamlib is in the first place. I don't ever recall ever downloading it & it's not something I use. Perhaps if I could delete it from my computer it might solve the problem? I have searched my computer for Hamlib but come up with nothing. Unless it's buried deep somewhere I certainly can't find it. Except for when the WSJT popup rears it's ugly head giving the Hamlib warning I've never seen Hamlib on my computer before. A Google search of "Hamlib error" shows I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

K0UA:

My Internet here is not fast enough for Teamviewer or Skype. I can call the mainland for free. Many people don't know this but most cell phone providers also allow free mainland to Marianna islands (& Guam) calling as well............I will take a screen shot of my settings & post it here. I have experimented changing EVERY possible setting that can be changed but still I get the dreaded Hamlib error box. All transmitting immediately halts & I lose the QSO.

Back in a minute...........

Tom KH0/KC0W          

K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2019, 07:11:27 PM »

rgr waiting for the screen shots.
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2019, 07:15:55 PM »

Ignore the red "Test CAT" button. It's green under normal usage. This screen shot was taken when radio was off. There's not a button on this screen I have not tried changing in hope's of getting rid of the Rig Control Error box. 

Tom KH0/KC0W
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: