The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRO Atlanta  (Read 1228 times)
N4UE

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2019, 03:11:01 PM »

I just wanted to post this while I still had the "warm fuzzies" from my experience today.
Since moving from KY to FL, I have been a DXE fan boy. I purchased my 7300 and 7610 from them, both on "pre-orders". No issues, except loosing $1K on the 7610. I know, it's Icom's fault, not DXE, BUT......

The other day, I noticed that DXE had some wrong information on their site concerning the new Icom 9700. I contacted them and it was fixed. No big deal.

In the last couple of days, I have expressed my interest in purchasing a 9700 on the Groups.io/9700 Group.
I was contacted by BOTH GigaParts and HRO saying they would provide a 9700 at a reduced price. Wow!

DXE refused.  Good bye DXE.

So, I contacted HRO Atlanta and ordered a 9700 from a WONDERFUL, friendly YL named Denise. She called me back almost immediately, saying my Debit Card was refused. I called my bank, and they had a $1K/day limit on my card. My bank immediately raised it to make this purchase.

Although I called Denise several times in a few minutes, she was always VERY friendly and a true JOY to do business with.

HRO Atlanta will be my ham radio supplier, from now on!

Ron
N4UE

If you're not the lead sled dog, the view never changes......
N4MU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 08:17:32 AM »

Hello Ron.
Very happy to hear of your HRO/ATL experience. They just want your business! I have been dealing with them since they opened in Atlanta...oh, somewhere back in the 70s I think. Mark, the manager (then and now) has always been helpful and has put up with many of my "problems" without a hiccup. Denise is also very helpful as are all the folks I've talked with there. I have no interest in HRO by the way, other than having been, and still am, a satisfied customer. That Ohio place should take note...maybe they are too full of themselves what with all the hype and sponsorships they blather about. HRO just works quietly in the background (comparatively speaking) and keeps on trucking...boxes and boxes to happy hams. I really like to ramble on about how consistently customer oriented they are...sorry for the diatribe.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 08:35:32 AM »

In the last 6 months I ordered a 590SG and an 890S from HRO.  I usually order out of Milwaukee because they are the closest location.  They didn't have the 890 and it came out of Denver.  The 590 came out of Texas.  Milwaukee took care of all the logistics and the order was delivered without any monkey business.  If Milwaukee has the product in stock the brown truck has it here the next day.  They remind me of AES in its heyday and pricing is always competitive and they will price match with no bullshit.
Art
AB4KA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 09:32:00 AM »

I'm a fan of HRO myself.  I've ordered several items from them over the last few months and their customer service has been superb.  I had a problem with one item, and when I spoke to them, they took it back with no problems and issued a prompt refund.  HRO has earned my business.
W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 07:54:41 AM »

HRO Atlanta has been giving great service for decades. They are the best at what they do.
W3TW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 07:43:45 AM »

Weren't they EGE back in the 80s?
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 08:00:28 PM »

Weren't they EGE back in the 80s?
HRO bought EGE and renamed all the stores.  I don't recall offhand if Atlanta was originally an EGE store.
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 11:41:23 AM »

Does HRO send a shipping notice, or tracking number?

Placed my first order, maybe backed up with weekend orders?
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 05:03:13 PM »

They always send both.  Did it go to your spam file?
Art
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 08:09:37 PM »

Nothing in spam.
Received the invoice yesterday.
I waited a full day, then called.

Was supposed to ship today. I canceled the order.
Taking too long to ship, no communication.

Think I prefer stand-alone stores. Multiple locations need to be coordinated really well, to work smoothly.
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 12:00:31 PM »

I never received any ship notification for my 9700 from HRO. I only knew it was coming by viewing my UPS tracking #.

If I ever buy another item from them, I'm going to state "normal" UPS delivery. My UPS driver is a VERY nice guy, BUT he would NOT leave my radio without me being there to sign for it.
Didn't care to miss work waiting for him to show up...…

ron
N4UE

If you're not the lead sled dog, the view never changes......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: