The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-7300 COM port not present when accessing remotely via Windows Remote Desktop  (Read 1383 times)
VE2WFB

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2019, 10:16:39 AM »

Hi,

I would like to access my IC-7300 remotely via Windows Remote Desktop (on win10).

Everything is working good if an application, which use my radio COM port (COM5 in my case), is opened when at home and still running when logging remotely.

However, if I log on my computer and no application was opened, I cannot access my COM port. COM5 don't appear in Windows "Devices Manager" and both "USB Audio Codec" are absent.

Anyone no why and how I can enable it remotely.

Fred Ve2WFB
AB4ZT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 05:20:19 AM »

I'm guessing here, but it's worth a short:

Check the Power Management settings for that COM port in Device Manager.  Uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn it off.

Richard, AB4ZT
W5UAA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 06:32:13 AM »

It's been almost two weeks since you posted this question and I don't know if you're still checking this thread, but let me throw in my 2 cents.

Not enough information in your question to figure out what you're asking...

First, Windows Remote Desktop is a way to taking control of the desktop of another computer, not remotely control a radio.

Which application are you using to successfully control your IC-7300?

The only way I've ever successfully remotely controlled my IC-7300 is by using the Icom RS-BA1 software.

With that software, you load up the server part of it on the PC that's actually connected to the radio.  Then you load up the client part of that software on the PC you wish to remote into it with.

With more details of your situation, more help may be available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: