The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Military tube tester prices  (Read 454 times)
WB0CJB

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2019, 02:53:37 PM »

I'm looking for prices for various pieces of military equipment. Equipment such as a LM-21 frequency meter, TV2-C/U or TV3-B/U tube tester, BC-843 receiver, BC-1031 panadapter, etc.

I know of Ebay, Craigslist, and others but I think they're overpriced. I am not looking to buy such equipment but am trying to price them for sale in an upcoming estate sale.

WB0CJB
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 03:12:05 PM »

LM frequency meters, BC221 of any mark, over here, between £15 and £25 - or say$22 to $32 or $35.

A low price partially because so many of today's amateurs are so lacking in RF knowledge that they don't understand how useful those frequency meters can be for checking signal quality. But many of them don't care anyway...It would not be so bad  if they wanted to learn, but too many don't want to.
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 05:45:29 AM »

To check the prices on eBay, look only at the SOLD listings.  You may still think the prices are too high, but, that's what things are selling for.  Don't forget that when you figure in the eBay seller's fee plus the Paypal fees, you're looking at about 13% less to the seller.  When I want to sell something quickly on eBay, I check the sold prices and then ask around 10% less.  Buyers are willing to pay the eBay prices because they know that eBay and Paypal will protect them if something turns out not to be what the seller claimed, or if the item is damaged.  And, eBay provides a Global Shipping option whereby if you sell an item to someone overseas, all you have to do is ship it to a USA shipping center in KY and they take care of the rest.  This gives you a world-wide market for the stuff you're selling with no additional effort on your part. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: