The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT8 transmit audio coming from speakers instead of going to sound card  (Read 455 times)
N2QLT

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2019, 04:04:08 PM »

I'm stumped here. The USB audio (my transmission) is suddenly coming from the speakers here. The Signalink is not keying and it is not receiving the audio. Incoming reception is normal. Windows settings all look correct, Signalink is default USB device for audio in and out. When I test the device in windows settings the PTT does key the rig. Once again, I think I'm missing something here.

Scott
N2QLT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 04:15:18 PM »

As Gilda Radner used to say, "never mind". I checked the settings in WSJT-X and they were changed. Must have been Gremlins, cause it sure wasn't me. Corrected those settings and bingo. After about two hours of messing around with every other thing, it finally occurred to me to check the program. FCC, please reduce my license class.
W5DXP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 06:36:58 PM »

I checked the settings in WSJT-X and they were changed.

Windows update strikes again.

My antenna says, "What makes me happy is when the tuner is adjusted for maximum available current through my radiation resistance!" 73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 07:13:10 PM »

Yep, happens all the time....
G0OQX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 02:13:55 AM »

Same thing happened to me yesterday. The audio settings in FT8 auto reset to your PC soundcard if you accidentally connect your interface to the wrong USB port on the PC. God, I hate computers with a passion. It can take a day of digging to correct such glitches, fortunately I realised what had happened fairly quickly and corrected it in a couple of minutes.
WD7E

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 07:04:33 AM »

Both WSTJ-X and N1MM are broken for me right now (both were just fine Sunday afternoon)... grrr.  I think I will just pull the rig's laptop off the internet.  That ought to stop the update problem.  Anyone tried disabling the "auto" part of the Windows 10 update routine?  If it has to ask permission, at least you can control when to deal with it...
N2QLT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 09:01:09 AM »

Here's a link I found through a search. I'm going to try it myself. The darn thing decided to perform a super long update last night and I couldn't use the computer for a couple of hours. I don't want to dicsonnect the internet, since the NTP program will stop keeping the time in sync for FT8 contacts.
https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/disable-update-windows-10.html

Scott
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 10:20:11 AM »

... edit...were just fine Sunday afternoon)...   Anyone tried disabling the "auto" part of the Windows 10 update routine?  If it has to ask permission, at least you can control when to deal with it...

Yes, that does help somewhat, I also tell windows that this computer is on a "metered" connection (which it is not).

the only Windows updates I get on this computer are the security ones.
WD7E

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 04:01:58 PM »

... edit...were just fine Sunday afternoon)...   Anyone tried disabling the "auto" part of the Windows 10 update routine?  If it has to ask permission, at least you can control when to deal with it...

Yes, that does help somewhat, I also tell windows that this computer is on a "metered" connection (which it is not).

the only Windows updates I get on this computer are the security ones.

Thanks Scott, that's just what I was looking for but couldn't find.  Appreciate your post!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: