The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TS-890s Tops Finnish Radio Quality Chart - Beats Flexradio, Icom, Yaesu  (Read 2066 times)
N8AUC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 07:46:17 AM »

Wow! All this hate and discontent over an obviously humorous posting.
Somehow I think this thread says a lot about the state of Ham Radio and Hams.....

It's not just ham radio and hams.
It seems like it's society in general these days.
Everyone seems to be looking for a reason to be "triggered", whether it's real or imagined.
I caught the humor in the original post too! Lighten up, folks.

Of course it's fun to compare and contrast different models.
Even educational and enlightening at times.
But what radio (or radios) people decide to spend their hard earned cash on just isn't worth getting your knickers in a twist about.
Defining your life and sense of self-worth in terms of what rig you bought is kind of pointless.

Now don't get me wrong. I love ham radio. It's very important to me.
But in a way, ham radio is kind of like sports. It's just one of the "toy departments of life".

Everybody have a great day, and enjoy the impending long holiday weekend!

N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 03:29:47 PM »

Does anyone remember what the 'gold dust twins' weighed. 
Art
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 08:50:30 PM »

Art

A bunch.  I had an SX-101 and HT-32B that actually bent my metal GI desk.  They were very high quality. Grin
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 05:24:11 PM »

Art

I don't know, since I only have the 75A-4. The second oldest one on the CCA list, but it has a 4:1 main knob, new drum dial, 5 filters, and I did a bunch of the ER mods. All the paper caps and one mica were leaky and it's an awesome radio. The Al chassis clean up beautiful.
The reason for my comment was this... Several years ago, on a business trip to Tokyo, I went to Akihabra (Electric City), where all the ham stores are.
I was pretty amazed at all the radios on display and operating. The department store had some massive beams on the roof and customers could select what radio they wanted to 'test' via some coax switches. They are very reserved and respectful.

Being the JA mentality, there were a bunch of guys GENTLY touching the radios.
I noticed there was a large (and expanding) group of guys crowed around what appeared to be a small stage in the front of the store.

Wondering what was SO interesting, I went and observed all these JAs talking and pointing (but NOT touching) a pair of the Gold Dust Twins.
It was like some kind of deity. I couldn't help but think what would have happened to that beautiful pair, if it was displayed in NYC.

NOT an NYC hater, but been there many times! ha ha

BTW, that weekend the 756PRO was announced and I brought one home. It's been the best radio in my 55 years as a ham.
(except for the #$%^ Noise Blanker,  Smiley

ron
N4UE

If you're not the lead sled dog, the view never changes......
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: