The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EB104 KIT HF/6M 2400W POWER AMPLIFIER FOR LDMOS BLF188XR 2 PCS  (Read 1751 times)
4X5YS

Ignore
« on: May 10, 2019, 01:43:22 AM »

Hello everyone

I want to add an amplifier to my shack .
In search of the network I found this amplifier.:

https://eb104.ru/internet-magazin-shirokopolosnye-usiliteli-moschnosti-pa1000w/hf-power-amplifier-ldmos-trasistor-1200w-output/kit-hf-6m-2400w-power-amplifier-for-ldmos-blf188xr-2-pcs

Did anyone build this kit?
Is the manufacturer familiar and recommended?
I would be happy to receive an opinion

Thanks  73
Yoram

4X1YS
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 09:19:46 AM »

I have seen these people at Friedrichshafen for the last two or three years. Their PCBs are of high quality and they are not using cheap components. The normal approach to Russian engineering is to build everything well within the specifications so that it lasts forever and they appear to be following this maxim. From the conversations I had they also seem to know what they are doing.

My only concern would be shipping of the kit out of Russia. My experience of the Russian postal system is not good.

Peter DL8OV
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 05:19:04 PM »

I have had very good luck using DHL in Russia.
KC1GCG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 09:08:02 PM »

I see the same on eBay and saying it's shipped out of Suwannee Georgia US so if it's not a mix up with the Russian Georgia that may negate shipping fears. I'd want to see the imd data ect to make sure it conforms to fcc rules. No heatsink, cabinet etc also.  Thru out my electronics life be it like this or stereos or guitar amps going to 11 I've always liked headroom with my power  so this looks interesting. Wonder how hard it would be to come up with a mod to prevent it from going over 1500 watts ,while retaining that headroom, but eliminating any temptation to kick it over the proverbial "11" :
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 08:21:22 AM »

If you build your own amplifier the FCC doesn't much care about lineraty but they want the harmonics under control.

For an amplifier is to be linear with good IMD specifications, at 1500 watts, it will need at least 2 dB of head room. This si why most serious leagle limit amplifier are capable of 2.3 KW.
AD0AR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »

I built the 1.2KW version (single device) and I had component issues at first.  Bad relay, then bad capacitors, then improperly adjusted bias thermal compensation.  Real pain.  It still is not complete, but getting there.
I didn't expect to get the 1.2 Kw out.  In the real world I am getting about 650-700W out.  Any more than that depends on the band for linearity.  Higher for the lower bands, there's a glut around 20-17 meter where it is all I can do to get it to put out 500W linearly.  Then on 12-10 it's very happy to put out almost 900W.  Then on 6 meters it's back to 500W max.
I'm using the Telepost LP-700 for power observation and linearity testing.
It's my first attempt to build a "free form" kit and it's not as easy as it looks. 
I am currently on my 3rd revision of the system to make it 100% fanless.  Convection cooling only by using oversize heatsinks from an old cell tower and some electrical service boxes for the enclosures.   
  Mean Well just came out with the UHP-1000-48 series of power supplies.  It's coming in the mail in a week.  Totally fanless 1kw.  I know it won't power the amp to it's full potential, but I may add a second one after I prove the thermal design as the RSP-2000-48 has a fan as loud as a hair dryer. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: