The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XIEGU G1M  (Read 1300 times)
K1QQQ

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2019, 07:34:12 PM »

I think it is G1M. New. 4 bands. General HF Coverage Receiver. Good price. 5 watts.

Anybody have one ?

All this stuff seems experimental. Some work and some do not ? Features get added on with time. (firmware updates)

If it is experimental NEW the experiment as all the individual parts age ?

No schematic or parts list.

I still wonder about the receiver. I like to listen to AM Broadcast Band 530-1700 khz, etc. On a daytime scan I know what is normal. (weak stations)

800 khz CW filter is not great.

BUT does the thing receive everything where it should not ?

Excuse me but I need a review by some expert at shortwave listening, etc.

For the price..under $300 it might make a nice toy even just to listen with. (Huh?)

Warranty needed. grr shipping costs are high...

K1QQQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 08:09:40 PM »

This is about all I found. (can not edit last post)

http://ve3fal.blogspot.com/

------------------------------
EI3IBB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 02:12:46 PM »

I Don't have the G1M but have the X5105 and it's a good little radio, very compact and perfect for portable use. Built in tuner, battery and antenna analyzer. I get good reports on it.

I use it with the hyendcompany.nl portable 4 band mini 100 watt and furthest contact I got so far on 20 Meter SSB is about 875 miles, the antenna is a good match for the 5 watts that's for sure.

I also at times use it with the much larger myantennas.com EFHW 8010 but for portable use the hyendcomapany.nl antenna is great.

W4FID

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 04:02:15 AM »

I have had the X-108G for about a year. Used it portable a few times from rare grid square and RV parks. It worked great. Checked into SSB nets running the 20 watts and worked a LOT of FT8 running it about half power -- 10 watts -- to a W4OP loop or a balun end fed wire that was only about 12 feet high. Have used it from home with my vertical and had good fun with it. The 500 Hz CW filter is nice. The 2.4 KHz SSB filter is decent on phone and nice for FT8. The display and controls and menu choices/options are all good. Receiver hears well. Audio is good both RX and TX. Price was nice -- about $450 if I remember right. They didn't get a lot of press or popularity and I'm not sure if they are even offered new any longer. Don't know why. It's a good radio for a nice price. If it breaks I'm probably screwed but so far so good.

Don't know about the model you asked about. But Xiegu in general has been fine for me.
WC7CT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 08:03:19 PM »

Grin
I have a new G1M and love this little radio. Comes with a cat control cable,
just load it for Icom-718 as this is what it emulates.
Still working on getting the soundcard to work for FT8 and FT4, etc.
So compact I have it in a padded shell case about brief case size with tuner and 3 wire antennas.
Also spare parts and such. Soon as I get the soundcard to work I am off
to do QRP/P in the lighthouse here in FL.
Good Luck with it. Its a great little radio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: