The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help Getting Icom's RS-BA1 V2 working with IC-7300  (Read 473 times)
EI3IBB

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:56:39 AM »

I would appreciate any help, I am the last few "days" trying to get this horrible software setup. Some of the worst software I've used in a very long time !

Anyway, I can connect to it no problem, can use it from work, at one point I did manage to get the sound to work , not the MIC , nothing works now. I can connect and see the waterfall, control the radio etc but I just can not figure out the sound settings.

Worst of all is I am tech savvy , so is it me or is this software really that bad ?

I'm using it with the IC-7300.

I need to know what the sound settings should be for the server and remote device please.
EI3IBB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 09:43:57 AM »

Funny I got it working, it helps when you got somewhere quiet to work lol.

The software is still pretty bad to set up.

No fault of the software but if it helps anyone, I couldn't get the ports 50001 -3 open on my modem so had to set it to 5001-5003 and it worked.

I use noip so all I have to do when away from home is type the address xxxxx.ddns.net and I'm in, it will pick up the current I.P from the server laptop which has the noip software installed but remember when on the home LAN this won't work so you'll need 192.168.x.xx etc.

It will be handy to be able to use the radio when at work on Night shift, I'll hopefully be able to catch some good DX in the early hours of the morning.
EI3IBB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 05:25:45 PM »

Ok so I made some lovely QSO's to the U.K and got good reports so the software is working good. Yes it does what it is supposed to but it is a bit of a Devil to set up.

Thanks to 2I0WLW , G4AQY and 2W0DOE for the lovely QSO's on the remote software, hope to catch ye again soon.

73's

Mark
EI3IBB

EI3IBB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 05:44:27 PM »

Just got TI2CF about 59+15 into Ireland, big signal, Costa Rica, wow, and yes I was using the RS-BA1 V2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: