The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: President Lincoln II+ on 10 meters in QRP CW mode  (Read 650 times)
K2PHD

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2019, 05:32:23 PM »

I am planning on using the President Lincoln II+ on ten meters in QRP CW mode. Has anyone used the President Lincoln II+ in CW mode on 10 meters? I am interested in seeing if there are any suggestions that you all might have or any reviews/advice using this xcvr in CW transmit or receive mode.

73, Doc - K2PHD

Dr. Jim Kennedy
RACES & ARES | SKCC-NAQCC-FISTS-OOTC
PG0222156 - T2GB070658/Radar
email: K2PHD@arrl.net
address: FN20qv
K1QQQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 09:27:26 AM »

I do not know if I have ever seen a review of these radios as to Amateur operation. They must sell allot of them and the price is OK for something new. If cb'ers are going to yap on then 24/7/365 they must work. (?)

I have heard that often the CW is added just to sound like an Amateur Radio but might have some negatives.

So I also keep tuned for any review.
KW6LA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 04:26:54 PM »

Uniden made a number of radios like the Lincoln. I had the HR 2510 ( about the same radio ). Mic that came with the radio was pretty crappy.
I , as a Tech class operated 95% CW on that rig. Used a 5/8 ~ vertical @ 17 watts. Oh what fun and work the world with that radio/ set-up.
The receiver is basically a CB radio, but does fine on CW. If you are not a seasoned CW op you have to learn where Zero beat is and crank the
RIT around for the beat tone you like. I still have mine out in the garage somewhere, but I own 2 MFJ radios that are smaller and easier to operate.
Used mine mobile for 5 years and it was modified to receive CB channels. I could listen to the truckers and get better traffic reports than on 2 meters.
I was very found of CB radio with a long commute it was a blessing. If I talk about it on HF bands, Hams laugh. He's the fun come back, Well Mr. Ham
I have a 2nd T2 FCC telegraph license, do you Huh  Enjoy the radio, not the best or the worst but a fun radio to tinker with. The newer QRP rigs are like
a smart phone with too much crap for me. The Lincoln 2 IS a basic radio that doesn't make coffee. I would be fine with that !!  Have fun.    Wink 
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 02:54:27 AM »

The original President Lincoln HR-2510 radio was reviewed in QST!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: