The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rfi below the 80 band every 20 to 30khz  (Read 1932 times)
KX2T

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 06:51:22 AM »

Wow this sounds like the issue I had when living in Long Island for the past few years, first I thought it was a transformer on one of the electric poles going mustang and causing this same issue on and off during the day or night . I contacted the electric company and they came out to investigate, they even let me ride along in the car but this problem was not coming from my street but the next street east of my QTH and when we came up to a home which was maybe 400 ft away from mine his sniffer went ballistic, even the am radio in the car was completely blanked out with the noise. I knocked on the door and found out that the home was a rental and they didn't care at all about any noise the being generated by the solar array on the roof since electric was included in the rent so it  was a dead issue.
During the day when it was in the charging state I would get this spike every 25Khz away on 160,80,40,20,15 and to a lesser extent 10, it would last for a few hours and then go off but at night almost like clockwork at 11pm the rfi broad band noise will rise on 160&80 to S9+10 till almost morning time. Since over a month ago we moved not only the qth but out of NYS to Florida, I haven't gotten an antenna up yet since I am working from the inside out, installing good grounding and lightning protection first then the antenna will go up but keeping my fingers crossed as far as RFI but I constantly look around the neighborhood for any solar arrays on roofs cause they can be a real PITA to us hams.
WB8PFZ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 11:30:51 AM »

Lately I have an S9 noise level on 2 meters. I am south of Cleveland and it is the strongest with the beam pointed north. Any one else notice this lately? Mike
KB7TT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 09:32:27 AM »

The problem is likely local and exacerbated by the fact Icom neglected to put ANY bandpqass filters in the 7300 receiver.  They are known to overload on close signals  and apparently broadcast frequency signals.

FYI
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: