The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha 87A Fault 24  (Read 415 times)
WB0SND

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2019, 10:44:04 AM »

Well, I knew these things were kind of fragile, but......   Today I was installing some rf chokes onto some of the cables on my Alpha 87A.  I accidentally dropped one on top of the amp while it was turned on.  Not hard, just a little bit of a thump.  Well the amp shut itself off.  When I tried to power it back up, I get error 24.  I can't believe such a minor incident would cause such a major problem.  Do any of you guys have any suggestions of what I should look for?  Apparently this is a low or high voltage problem.  Thanks for your help and happy 4th.  73 Mike WB0SND
WB0SND

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 01:01:04 PM »

Well it looks like I've answered my own question.  This is the first time I've had a hard fault with this amp.  I didn't read the manual thoroughly the first time and didn't realize you were supposed to wait for the entire warmup cycle for the fault to reset.  So, I did just that and it did reset and all is well.  I guess the little thump must have momentarily shorted something or maybe rattled the interlock switch or something.....  I'm glad I didn't get to Fault 99 before I figured it out. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: