The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to buy your VACUUM TUBES  (Read 822 times)
WA3TJO

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2019, 01:57:35 AM »

Hi All. I finally have the time I need to devote to restoring old HiFi audio amplifiers also designing and constructing tube based audio amps and preamps. I NEED TUBES. Years ago I had 18,000 tubes and my xyl almost begged me to get rid of them, so to preserve sanity I donated them to a museum. I never thought I would need them again anyway. Now I do. If you have a few or a bunch I'd like to buy what you have for whatever is fair. Free is good, but too much to expect. So, please send me a picture of what you have so I can read the numbers on the boxes and lets talk about what you want for what you have. I am mainly interested in any tube that can be used as an audio output tube or rectifier. There are SO many that pictures of your bunch would make things easier. If you wish to write to me I have an email address that I set up only for this ad. It is craig@sumomax.com Brand names I particularly like are Telefunken, Amperex, Western Electric, RCA and Genelex. I like Western Electric because they made good tubes and I worked for them in the 1960's in Virginia. Fun place to work.

I can pay cash, PayPal or trade. I have a bunch of Drake and Heathkit ham radio items. I also have some rare electrical items. Somd are over 100 years old. I hope to hear from you.

73, Len, WA3TJO ( I am in Colorado )
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 08:48:48 AM »

Send me a list, I have a few thousand dating to the 20's some of which Ive had since the 50's.

Of course NOS or excellent tested USA audio tubes will not be cheap! Regular radio tubes are competitive and mostly low cost.
I use a Hickok 752A, TV-7A, and I-177 that I overhauled and calibrated and have been servicing boatanchors and amps of most brands for about 55 years.

Carl
Ham since 1955
National Radio 1963-69
Service Tech, Service Manager, Sr Engr Aide in R&D
Member of HRO-500, NCL-2000, and NCX-1000 Design Teams
KC2XU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 07:40:28 PM »

Carl
You may want to do some research before making tube availability/pricing decisions.  The tube audio and especially the tube guitar amp markets are well established with some insane NOS demand and pricing.  If you haven’t already google for the top NOS sellers like KCA, Antique Electronics, Tube Depot etc.  several of the sites have good material that will help you as to what the market expects or will bear.
Honestly unless you’re at the high high end it’s got to a labor of love, the margins are thin.
I do a lot of Dynaco resurrections as well as “black facing new reissue Fender amps”.  (And please a blackface amp has a black panel, nothing else)
If I can help in any way please let me know...
Good luck!
73s
Dave
KC2XU

KC2XU
North Beach NJ
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 01:03:53 PM »

Im well aware what the going rate is on audiophool tubes and recently sold a NIB matched pair of 1962 Amperex Made In Holland EL-34/6CA7's for $400!!!

Over the years Ive been slipping out 2A3's, 6A3's 50's, 10's, 45's, 6550's, KT-88's and many others at a slow rate as not to depress the prices. Many of the real oldies were Globe style. Its far better than a 401K...Buy Low, real Low, and sell high. Shocked

When 6V auto radios and early TV's were no longer in common use NIB USA 6V6's were $1 for a sleeve of 5 as were 6SL7/6SN7's, of all descriptions. Same with 6DJ8/6922, etc, etc. Then I started hoarding NIB TV sweep tubes and recently offering them for ham/CB use Roll Eyes

It all pays for my own toys and other nice things.

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: