The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brand new FT-818 for $376.00???  (Read 976 times)
WA8QNN

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2019, 07:47:45 AM »

There is a current listing for a brand new Yaesu FT-818 for $376.00 on ebay. I tried to buy it (too good to be true, right) and I kept getting a rejection of my Paypal account, then tried 2 credit cards, same thing. I noticed on my bank statement the Paypal would withdraw the money and then immediately put the money back into the account. The Paypal account is good and both credit cards are active. Is this a legit listing. The price for this rig caught my eye (I'm pretty cheap). I noticed that the vendor selling this rig had over 200,000 listings and was shown with only about 2900 sales, Hmm. I 'd like to have this rig a this price but I don't need it at the going rate. Maybe this listing is legit and now some lucky schlep will get it at a great deal and I'll be out of luck, oh well.

Larry
WA8QNN
W4AJF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 09:34:28 AM »

Hi Larry, being that that EBAY seller is probably not a Yaesu dealer, I doubt you have any warranty because Yaesu does not transfer warranty from owner to owner.

Just my 2 cents.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
WA8QNN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 11:39:02 AM »

That very well might be the case Adam. I'd still like to have that rig at that price, but I'm a little gun shy at this point. After numerous attempts to purchase the rig I got a call from my bank saying there was some nefarious stuff going on with my bank account. I explained what was happening and they reactivated my card. I've been checking my accounts about every 2 to 3 hrs to make sure everything looks on the up and up.

Larry
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 12:34:03 PM »

I ran into a problem on peeBay.

Twice I tried to pay for a peeBay purchase with a credit card.  Each time my card was rejected with "NO EXPLANATION:".

Called my credit card company.  They saw no reason why the card was rejected.

Next day used the SAME card for two online purchases on a different web site.  No problwm.

I now strongly suspect that my name & mailing address on peeBay did not exactly match the billing information on my credit card.

Jerry
N9LCD
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 03:52:17 PM »

That very well might be the case Adam. I'd still like to have that rig at that price, but I'm a little gun shy at this point. After numerous attempts to purchase the rig I got a call from my bank saying there was some nefarious stuff going on with my bank account. I explained what was happening and they reactivated my card. I've been checking my accounts about every 2 to 3 hrs to make sure everything looks on the up and up.

Larry

Prudent to check on accounts regularly, not just once a month when the statement is available.

I also have text alerts set up on my bank accounts, and credit cards. Receive a text alert for any transaction over $1.
K4PIH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 05:55:20 AM »

So now he has your fleabay and 2 credit cards. My advice would be to immediately cancel both credit cards and closely monitor any others you have, like daily!
W5HEX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 07:11:26 AM »

Your EBay address, PayPal Address and credit card billing address have to match. It’s a way to verify the ship to address is legit. I have to occasionally relist item when buyers don’t have a matching address. I’d be careful with that radio....seems to cheap, may be a scam.

I ran into a problem on peeBay.

Twice I tried to pay for a peeBay purchase with a credit card.  Each time my card was rejected with "NO EXPLANATION:".

Called my credit card company.  They saw no reason why the card was rejected.

Next day used the SAME card for two online purchases on a different web site.  No problwm.

I now strongly suspect that my name & mailing address on peeBay did not exactly match the billing information on my credit card.

Jerry
N9LCD
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 01:57:50 PM »

Last time I looked, there were a LOT of people watching that auction.
Too good to be true?

ron
N4UE

If you're not the lead sled dog, the view never changes......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: