The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FL-2100B High input SWR only on 40 meters  (Read 1336 times)
K6SQL

Ignore
« on: December 17, 2008, 04:58:32 PM »

I have recently taken my FL-2100B out of storage where it resided for about 8 years. I am the original owner, it has not been modified or serviced.  It was used sparingly prior to being stored away.
The input SWR using a dummy load on 10, 15, 20, and 80 meters is optimal.  However on 40 meters the amplifier displays the following behavior.  When first tuned up, the input SWR (measured with SWR meter between exciter and amp) on 40 meters is about 1.5-2.  After only 5-10 minutes of use, the SWR suddenly shoots up to well above 3 and of course the output power drops.  At that point, if I go back to the other bands, the input SWR has not changed from the low, normal values.
I have resoldered connections involving the 40 meter input circuitry and I have tried to clean the input and output wafers of the band switch.
I am now thinking that the problem must be with one of the caps that bracket the 40 meter input coil.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Bill...K6SQL
K2XT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 05:44:31 AM »

Well there's only 4 parts involved, 2 caps, a coil and a bandswitch.  You COULD solder a jumper across the bandswitch contacts to be 100% sure its not that part.  Not much can go wrong with the coil.  Sure looks to me like with about 99% certainty its one of the caps, wouldn't you say?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: