The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SGC Power Cube from Micom Radio  (Read 1294 times)
KC2OYZ

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:36:42 AM »

There is an SGC Power Cube on eBay - it looks different than the picture on the SGC website - it has a grey porous grating on top, apparently for heat dissipation, but on the SGC website photo it is just a solid black cube. Is this because the one the SGC website is a newer or older model? Or has it been modified for the Micom? Does anyone know if the amp that was used in the Micom can it be used as is in a US amateur station or does it need to be modified?

I am writing to SGC also but I need to know soon.

Thanks,
Mikey
K2BKT

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »

I looked for this item, using about 10 different search words, and couldn't find it.

Just for the record, all of the SGC SG500 amps are black in color. Obviously, someone could have  painted it. The top of the case is ventilated with slots directly above the CPU board, which is on the same end the connections are. The heat sink and the opposite end are one cast assembly.

The one thing about buying an SGC is simply this. The older units used MRF454 finals, and real, honest to john, non-relabeled MRF454 are nonobtainium! The remarked Toshiba units won't work well in the SGC500 with out making a lot of changes.

So, the first question to ask is, does it have 2SC2290s? If they don't know, get the serial number, and call SGC and ask them. If they won't give you the serial number, skip it! And trust me, don't buy it if it has MRF454s!

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: