The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tansformer out put  (Read 1259 times)
N2JXN

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2009, 04:45:54 PM »

Ok again thanks for the time to read and reply. I have an alpha 76a that has hand an intermitent problem. Was gong to send it back to alpha but due to money issues. Ican't at this time.

I oriqnally thought it was in the metering circuit but I now think it is the transformer. Checking the votage at the seconday When switched for the ssb side the HV a/c comming out of the transformer with everything connected is only 1500 volts a/c. As far as I understand I should see at least 1750 volts A/c on the secondary. The low side secondary should be 1100 and then when to go high you add 650 more.

Whould would one expect to see on the secondary of the HV.
K4DPK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »

If the power supply circuit is a full wave bridge, the AC voltage should be the specified DC voltage  divided by approximately 1.4.  This assumes a capacitor input filter, which almost all of them are, nowadays.

If the power supply circuit is a voltage doubler, the AC voltage at the transformer will be approximately the specified DC voltage divided by 2.8.

Let me know if this helps.  If not, I'll need more information.

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: