The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with L-4PS connected to L-4B  (Read 1964 times)
DC8JJ

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2003, 05:43:02 AM »

Does somebody have a clue for me.
I bought an old L-4B Ser. No. 691 together with an L-4PS. After connecting to my TRX and in stand-bye mode i saw some light smoke coming out of the PS. I stopped and disconnected everything and opened up the PS. Then i saw that on one resistor (Dale HL50-02Z-50Watt-6740/50K-5%) there was a white ring(may be from heat). Also i saw that one capacitor (Beaver Electrolytic capacitor Typ: BR 200-450/200 MFD-450WVD)looks not too good. So my question :
Is there anybody in this forum who can tell me where i can get the original spare parts or some eqivalent to this parts and the cost of them.
Thanks in advance
Best 73, de DC8JJ
Heinz Urbahn
KO4NR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 09:48:04 AM »

Put a message out on the Drake yahoo Group here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Drake-Radios/

I wouldn't buy NOS can type capacitors that may be very-very old.  Buy new computer grade or snap-in type capacitors.  FAR Circuits may have a power supply board you can use.  Check out my web site for pictures of them.
www.geocities.com/ko4nrbs

Bill
CB4

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 04:32:15 PM »

i got the fix for this amp email me and u will get the cost jimmysolo2000@yahooo.com
DG0OLG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 03:48:11 PM »

Hi Folks!

Got an similar problem with L-4PS. Mine is allready rebuild with a new transformer - so there is no more heat dissapeating - works great! But I had a look inside - there i could see that one of the 2 50kOhms 50Watts resistors is broken. It has a crack around itself. Measuring told that it's gotten high resistance now - more than 200kOhms. The replys didn't tell anything about that type of resistor. Even at Harbachs I couldn't find one.
Does anybody have an idea where to buy these resistors?
If so, please mail to my eMail directly.

Thanks!
Sascha - DG0OLG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: