The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swan Mark II  (Read 1781 times)
W7KKK

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2004, 07:36:15 AM »

Can anyone date this amp and tell me anything about it?
I found one for sale. They ahve not set a price. As near as I can tell it is worth $400 or more. I have been told it is a dual 3-500z platform. It belonged to an SK and nobody seems to know much about it.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 08:38:31 AM »

Sure, I've had the Mark-II.  It's the Swan equivalent of a Drake L-4: Pair of 3-500Zs, 80-40-20-15-10 meters, separate RF deck and power supply in two chassis, each having its own cooling fan.

Not a bad amp at all.  Built to match the Swan-350, Swan-500, etc. and sold in the late 1960s, possibly a bit into the early 70s.  Successor to the Swan Mark-I, which did not have a separate power supply (it had the PS and RF stuff all on one chassis, making it a pain to carry around) and used a pair of 3-400Zs.  The Mark-II is a better amp.

WB2WIK/6
W7KKK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 06:09:45 PM »

TNX for the information. I think I may get a chance to try this out before I buy it, if I am lucky.
Otherwise, I think I will have to pass. As near as I can tell, the SK has not used his equipment in quite some time, and nobody seems to know status.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: