The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: APRS and firewalls  (Read 2535 times)
WB8YFL

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2003, 04:23:28 PM »

Any suggestions on using MacAPRS or WinAPRS behind a firewall. What should I open up? (netbsd, ipf.conf) When trying to start a conenection using tcpip, I get nothing.

Ron
WB8YFL
KB9YNB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 01:29:54 PM »

Does your router/firewall have a DMZ?  Try hooking your computer up to the DMZ port and seeing if you get a connection there. If you can't get a  connection via the DMZ port, you might look for configuration problems on your computer.

If you do get a connection on the DMZ port, I would contact the Winaprs people and see what port their program attempts to communicate on.  Once you know what port they communicate on, you can open that port on your firewall and place your computer back under the protection of your firewall.

Good luck!

you can email me privately at ryan@vandewater.org  if you would like to get more help configuring your router.

KB9YNB
Ryan Vande Water
NP2BT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 01:26:47 PM »

A good place to check for a clue as to what may be happening is the log of your router/firewall. It may show you what ports the firewall blocked in or out, when you try to connect.
good luck
KE4KUZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 01:04:08 PM »

I opened 10151 and 14439 and it seems to work fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: