The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TM-D700 APRS status message  (Read 4149 times)
AB8VE

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2006, 10:26:44 AM »

Hey guys,
     I just bought a Kenwood TM-D700 at Hamvention this year, and I LOVE IT!!  I used it for the first time at a special event over the weekend where several other people in the event were using the same radio and running APRS.  They had a special status message up telling everyone else about the event they were working.  When I tried to set up the custom message, and then told the radio to transmit it, I got reports saying that my custom message said, "Custom 1" and "Custom 2".  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I can't find it in the manual anywhere.

AB8VE
N9SX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 01:18:32 PM »

I am not sure, but I think that the POSITION COMMENT text cannot be changed. However, you can easily change the STATUS TEXT which is what they may have been doing.

Here is a link to the manuals in case you did not get both the Owners Manual and the Specialized Communications Manual from the seller:

http://www.kenwood.net/?do=SupportFileCategory&FileCatID=5

Eric
N9SX

K2ILH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »

When I talked with Kenwood the guy answered without delay that it could not be changed. Sounded like he had been getting a lot of questions about that. He said it was originally intended to be changable but work on it was cancelled. Guess development has to stop someplace.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: