The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF Sampler circuit for 2-tone testing?  (Read 3883 times)
KW4CQ

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2005, 06:44:57 AM »

I would like to use my HP 100 MHz oscilloscope to do some SSB RF envelope monitoring on my linear amp.  Does anyone have a schematic or reference to a construction project to build an RF sampler?
W7DJM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 11:28:18 AM »

One way  that comes  to mind is to modify a "cheap"  (read that CB, Radio Shack) swr meter to use as a pickup.  

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 02:54:03 PM »

When I first read your post, I tried to find the article that was published in Ham Radio some time back. The "sniffer" used a "T" connector and a standard PL259. The 259 had a small cap and two resistors as I recall, and instead of coax the 259 had an RCA connector protruding from it. An easy 20 minute project. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. But you have the idea.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

K3HVG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 05:30:44 AM »

I find that a small length of wire, snaked through the back of my amplifier, yet clear of any components, provides more that enough signal to view it on either a '455 or a '465.  Of course, connect the scope ground to the amplifier chassis to reduce any impressed a.c.  If you want to measure the actual signal level(s), you'll need a calibrated coupler, as mentioned by others here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: